NCOSS and Aon

Insurance for members of NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS)

Start Puzzle Helper Start Puzzle Helper 1800 123 266
Or Call 1800 032 605
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Why do NCOSS members need insurance?

Aon is the preferred insurance broker for NSW Council of Social Service (NCOSS) and has assisted the community sector for over 30 years. Over this time, we’ve come to understand the risks commonly faced by your industry, and after listening to your feedback, want to help grow your knowledge and make applying for the right insurance easy.

As a result, Aon has created a simple, online tool called the NFP Insurance Puzzle Helper. As all NFPs are unique, it makes sense your insurance package is too, for example, you may need Public Liability Insurance but not Property cover. So, from a range of tailored and affordable products Aon can arrange for NCOSS members, the Insurance Puzzle Helper will help you identify, and apply for online, only those covers that you might need.

Joanna Quilty - NCOSS CEO

Endorsed by NCOSS

“NCOSS has worked with Aon since 2004 as our preferred insurance broker, because of their reputation and reliability. Aon’s service team takes the time to understand the risks commonly faced within our industry.”

Why choose Aon for NCOSS member insurance?

Aon can arrange affordable insurance solutions which are tailored to the risks commonly faced by NCOSS members. With over 30 years’ experience in this area, Aon is committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. You can apply online by visiting our NFP Insurance Puzzle Helper. If you would prefer to speak to someone, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. You can be confident you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What Insurance do NCOSS members need?

To identify the type of insurance that may be most relevant for your organisation, visit our NFP Insurance Puzzle Helper – an interactive and customer-friendly online tool to help you to determine whether your organisation’s Insurance health is up to scratch. Aon’s Insurance Puzzle Helper involves only 10 simple YES/NO questions to identify the insurance covers most relevant for your organisation. The most typical cover options for Not-For-Profits and Charities are below and are included in our Insurance Puzzle Helper for you to consider.

Plus, we have created a guide for the additional pieces to your NCOSS Insurance Puzzle.

Explore more products

Public and Products Liability Cover
This includes cover for your legal liability if third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation's activities. We can ensure that you, your employees and your volunteers are protected in the event of a claim.1
Protector Association Liability
This provides cover for your organisation’s directors, officers and bearers against legal liability arising from their duties. It also helps protect your organisation against claims, including alleged wrongful acts, and extends to employment practices liability and fidelity.1
Voluntary Workers' Personal Accident
This includes cover for your volunteers if they suffer an injury whilst they’re working for your organisation. The Volunteer Workers' Personal Accident cover arranged through Aon covers lump sum payments for permanent injuries and weekly benefits to help supplement any loss of income suffered by your Volunteer Workers.1
Property and Crime
This includes cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can help ensure they’re covered too – simply give our team a call to discuss your options.1
Motor Vehicles - Owned and Non-owned
Owned Motor Vehicles
Comprehensive motor cover helps protect your organisation's (including leased) vehicles.

Non-Owned Motor Vehicles
This covers loss of excess, no claim bonus and hire costs for vehicles not owned by your organisation (such as those owned by volunteers) while being used on behalf of the organisation.

This policy also offers Third party Liability cover.
Not-for-profit Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance protects NFP organisations from Internet-based risks, and more generally risks relating to IT infrastructure and activities. Cyber risk is an exposure that no modern business can escape, and the financial impact of system interruption, privacy and cybercrime events are now felt within all industries.1

As a Not-for-profit, you may store a lot of personal information on your systems. With the recent rise in cyber hacks and attacks, and the fact that standard insurance policies may not protect you in the event of one, if your organisation did fall victim to a cyber attack, the financial implications could be very significant.

In response, Aon has worked with our cyber risk experts to develop a comprehensive and competitively priced insurance cover that protects your Not-for-profit organisation.

Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be covered when travelling to and from work?
Journey Cover is available to protect employees whilst travelling directly between the boundaries of their place of residence and place of business, for the purposes of starting or ending their day’s work. For example, you trip and fall whilst on your way to work. To find out more, give our NFP team a call on 1800 032 605.
What about NDIS service providers?
If you are an NDIS service provider, Aon has created competitive insurance solutions which have been tailored to the commonly found risks of service providers. To find out about these insurance solutions and to learn more about the types of cover that are relevant for NDIS service providers, visit our NDIS Recipient and NDIS Provider Insurance page.
I work in childcare, am I covered under this policy?
If you work in a childcare centre and you are looking for insurance, Aon has a deep understanding of the education sector and has been able to organise flexible insurance for this sector to comply with the Australian Government’s requirements. To learn more about Childcare Centre Insurance, visit our webpage.
Explore more FAQs
What is required to renew my policy?
Aon’s Not for Profit Team will contact you prior to expiry of your policy to discuss renewal. Aon recognises filling out forms is a chore, so we have simplified the renewal process where many organisations may be able to take advantage of not having to complete proposal forms again in order to renew the policy.

What else can Aon offer to NCOSS members?
Aon’s NFP team is happy to have a discussion regarding any of NCOSS member’s insurance needs. We can carry out a review of existing cover, advise if policies are appropriate or what other covers may be required. Give our NFP team a call on 1800 032 605 to discuss with one of our experts.

I need to make a claim, what do I do?
​If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 032 605, emailing, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.

Where does the cover Aon arranges extend to in Australia?
Aon’s Not-For-Profit team provides broking services to NCOSS members throughout the whole of Australia, with our coverage extending to all states and territories across the country. So, regardless of where you live or operate from in Australia, you can get covered through Aon.


Useful resources to help you understand, buy and manage your insurance


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 032 605

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Email us

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium, Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request.