Insurance for Childcare Centres

Get a quote 1800 123 266 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do Childcare Centres need insurance?

If you’re looking for childcare insurance, you’re probably looking for a provider who knows your industry and understands risks commonly found in the childcare industry. With 30+ years’ experience in the education sector, Aon has been able to organise flexible building blocks of childcare insurance equipped with a deep understanding of the Australian Government’s requirements. 

Dealing with children, you know first-hand how a minor incident can turn into something much larger and can have a detrimental impact on your business’ livelihood. Whether one of your children slips over and breaks their arm or has an allergic reaction, incidents happen to even the most careful businesses. Having appropriate insurance cover in place can help make sure you can keep the lights on in your own business even if you do experience certain disasters.

Why choose Aon for Childcare Centre Insurance?

With over 30 years’ experience protecting the NFP industry, you can trust we know the relevant volunteer risks and claims and have tailored this policy to match. We are committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. You can book an appointment with one of our friendly experienced brokers by filling out our online form. Our team will be able to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly why. So you can be confident you’re making the right decision for you and your business.

The feedback of our customers has allowed us to create an insurance option that can cover childcare centres for the industry’s specific risks, with flexible cover options available that form the building blocks of your centre’s insurance coverage, which are outlined below1.

Aon has developed the building blocks that your childcare centre may require to cover for liability, property and business interruption incidents. View the 5 block options here.

What Insurance do Childcare Centres need?

Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity insurance is designed for professionals who provide advice or services to their customers. It can cover claims made against your business by customers or other third parties alleging that in performing your professional services, your business has caused them loss.
Public Liability
Public Liability includes cover for your legal liability if third party property damage and/or bodily injury arises as a result of your centre’s activities. Plus, if your centre meets the standards, terms and conditions required by the insurer, Public Liability may cover your organisation, directors and voluntary workers for Sexual Abuse claims (this is sub-limited).
Directors & Officers
Where a wrongful act(s) has been deemed to have been performed by the Office Bearer of an association in the capacity of their role, this policy will pay compensation on behalf of that Office Bearer for losses arising from that claim.
Property Insurance
Property Insurance covers your building(s) and items that are located at your premises, which include contents, toys, outdoor equipment or money, should they get  damaged or stolen. For those items that need to leave the premises, just let us know and they may be covered too. 
Business Interruption
If the centre can’t open its doors as a result of a Property Insurance claim, your cash flow may be affected. Business Interruption may lessen the impact by covering loss of Gross Profit as a result of the claim.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Childcare Centre owners.
What kinds of Childcare Centres do Aon arrange cover for?
The cover we arrange is quite broad, applicable to a range of registered centres involved with childcare including: accredited childcare centres, Kindergartens, before and after school care/minding centres, vacation care/minding centres, pre-schools and registered day cares.
I need to make a claim, what do I do?
If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation in accordance with requirements in your policy wording. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 795 019, emailing, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us

1Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.