Insurance for NDIS Recipients and Providers Get a quote 1800 123 266 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Insurance for NDIS Recipients 

If you are a recipient of the NDIS, you will have many considerations when it comes to protecting yourself and/or your business. The relationship between recipients of the NDIS and voluntary (non-paid) carers is that of employer and employee, so if something goes wrong, home and contents insurance won’t necessarily cover you.  


Insurance for NDIS Service Providers

On the other hand, as an NDIS service provider there are different risks you face that are relevant for your line of work and for which you would need cover.  

Why choose Aon to arrange NDIS and Service Provider insurance? 

Aon has created affordable insurance solutions which have been tailored to the specific risks of NDIS recipients and service providers. With over 30 years’ experience in this area, Aon is committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. You can apply online by selecting the relevant option below. If you would prefer to speak to someone, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly why; helping give you confidence that you’re making the right decision for your business. 

What Insurance do NDIS recipients need?

NDIS Recipient Insurance
Public Liability and Personal Accident insurance is available to cover you and your family against third party claims, or in the event that your child or person in your care (the NDIS recipient) or voluntary carer, has an accident. 
Public and products liability
Can provide cover for an Insured party, including the family, any carer (paid or voluntary) or your child/person in your care, against third party claims alleging injury or property damage. 
Personal accident
If you are a self-employed carer, and cannot obtain Workers Compensation cover, you may require personal accident and illness insurance. This includes cover for you in the event that you suffer an injury whilst performing your duties. The Personal Accident cover Aon arranges provides a lump sum benefit for Bodily Injuries resulting in Death and other permanent injuries, like paraplegia or quadriplegia, and weekly benefits to help cover your loss of income as a result of such Bodily Injury, subject to all policy terms, limits and conditions 
What Insurance do NDIS Service Providers need?

Professional Indemnity
Cover against legal liability arising  out of the performance of your professional services or duties. Examples may include claims arising out of advice given by you in a counselling session, or with respect to respite/health care, or education and advice you provided on the installation of home modification and maintenance. 
Public and products liability
Cover for your legal liability for claims pursued by third parties alleging injury or property damage was sustained as a result of your organisation's activities. This policy can help ensure that you, your employees and your volunteers are protected in the event of a claim. 
Property and crime
Cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can arrange to ensure they’re covered too, just give us a call. 
Motor Vehicles - Owned
Comprehensive motor cover protects your organisation's (including leased) vehicles and also offers Third Party Liability cover.


What Insurances do NFP Service Providers need?

Protector Association Liability
Cover for your organisation’s directors, officers and committee members against legal liability arising from their duties. It also protects your organisation against alleged wrongful acts and extends to employment practices liability and fidelity. 
Public and products liability
If third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation's activities, we can ensure that you, your employees and your volunteers are protected in the event of a claim.  
Voluntary workers personal accident
This includes cover for your volunteers if they suffer an injury whilst they’re working for you. The Volunteer Worker’s Personal Accident cover arranged through Aon will pay a lump sum for permanent injuries and a weekly benefit to help supplement the volunteers’ loss of income.
Property and crime
Cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can arrange to ensure they’re covered too, just give us a call. 


Motor Vehicles - Owned & Non-owned
Owned Motor Vehicles
Comprehensive motor cover protects your organisation's (including leased) vehicles. 

Non-Owned Motor Vehicles
 This covers loss of excess, no claim bonus and hire costs for vehicles not owned by your organisation (such as those owned by volunteers) while being used on behalf of the organisation. 

The Policy also offers Third party Liability cover. 

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by our clients.
What are the cover benefits of NDIS Recipient Insurance?
Public Liability
  • Limit Options: $10 million or $20 million
  • An excess of $250 would need to be paid when making a claim.
Personal Accident
  • Limit: Death Benefit 100% of the limit on your schedule
Key Policy Benefits
  • Nil excess on all claims, except medical expense claims. 
  • No age limit (but must be able to follow instruction). 
  • Ambulance Hire not recoverable from any other source. 
  • Student Tutorial and Domestic Help - from $250 per week for 104 weeks. 
  • Paraplegia or Quadriplegia - home or car renovation/modification up to $7,500. 
  • Tuition or advice - up to $750 per week. 
  • Chauffer Services - $5000. 
  • Funeral expenses - $5,000. 
  • Non-Medicare Medical Expenses - excluding any costs wholly or partially covered by Medicare*, up to $2,500 dollars. 

*Under Australian Federal Legislation, it's illegal for general insurance companies to cover medical items that would/ should have been covered by Medicare. This means insurers cannot cover Medicare gaps in payments, eg. if a GP charges $100 for their service & the medical scheduled fee is $75, the $25 gap is uninsurable. 

What is required to renew my policy? 
Aon’s Not for Profit Team will contact you prior to expiry of your policy to discuss renewal. Aon recognises filling out forms is a chore, so we have simplified the renewal process where many organisations may be able to take advantage of not having to complete proposal forms again in order to renew the policy. 
How do I make a claim?
If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.
Explore more FAQs
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.  

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.  

What are your opening hours? 
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. AET Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day. 

Where does the cover Aon arranges extend to in Australia? 
Your coverage can extend to all states and territories across the country.  So, regardless of where you live or operate from in Australia, you can get covered through Aon. 


Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim.