Insurance for the Real Estate Industry

Get a quote Get a quote Or Call
Or Call 1300 734 274
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do you need insurance in the Real Estate Industry?

A humble abode, a shoebox, or a mansion – most would agree there really is no place like home. And if you’re in the real estate industry, whether that’s as an agent, landlord, or a tenant, you know all too well just how much work happens behind the scenes in a home being sold or rented out. Therefore, before opening the door to new memories, it’s important to ensure you’ve also unlocked appropriate protection for your property or real estate agency in the form of adequate insurance.

If you own your real estate agency, there are risks in the operation of your business. Some incidents could have enough financial strain to completely bring your practice to a stop. Insurance that is customised for the common risks in your industry should be a key consideration when deciding how to protect your business.

Don’t just insure, be sure

Business insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. As a broker and Real Estate industry insurance specialist, Aon helps you find a policy customised for the common risk of your industry so you’re more confident that you’ve found the right type of insurance for your business. 



Real Estate Professionals

We provide a range of covers for the Real Estate industry.


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly ask by Real Estate professionals.
Do real estate agents need insurance?
Insurance should be a key consideration for you regardless of the size and location of your business. You work in real estate because of your passion for property – but also to earn a living. Sometimes all it takes is one unhappy client, or a severe weather event to completely bring your business operations to a grinding halt, and insurance coverage can act as your safety net to help ensure you’re not forced to close your doors due to being inundated with unexpected costs.
What’s the difference between a home building policy and a landlord policy?
A traditional building insurance policy covers damage to property caused by a specified peril, such as storm; fire; and damage caused by theft or attempted theft. Landlord Insurance has been designed to cover property owners for risks faced by a landlord, such as rental default and public liability.
Should I get landlord insurance if I’m renting out a home?
In our opinion, if you’re renting out a property, Landlord Insurance is very important to take out. It will not only help cover some of the costs to repair the home if an insured event occurs, but can also reimburse you for loss of rental income if your property has to be vacant for a period of time while the repairs are being carried out.
Is Renter's Insurance the same as Contents Insurance?
Renter's Insurance is a similar type of insurance to the 'Contents' component of Home Contents insurance, which provides cover for belongings inside the home.


experience mishaps such as indemnity claims and cyber attackers.
How do I work out how much to insure my contents for?
You’ll need to conduct a thorough inventory of your home and work out roughly how much everything is worth. Remember to calculate the value based on new-for-old replacement. You might find it easiest to do this one room at a time. For some categories like clothes, you may need to make a realistic guess as it would be hard to add up the individual value of each item.

Managing your claims

As your broker, Aon is always here to support you through claims lodgement and any other claims enquiries. We draw on our real estate industry knowledge and our long-standing relationships with insurers to help manage your claim.

Making a claim can be time-consuming and stressful and our help means you have one less thing to worry about. We’re in your corner and the Aon claims team has dedicated capability to do the heavy lifting to assist you throughout the claims process.

CGU Real Estate Professional Indemnity Insurance policy holders are also entitled to a number of benefits from Carter Newell Lawyers designed and intended to support them through a claim or potential claim circumstance. For more information, watch the video below and read the What to do when you might need to make a claim flyer.

Why Aon for Real Estate Insurance?

Don't just insure, be sure.

Right type of cover

  • Aon arranges Insurance tailored to protect against common risks in the Real Estate sector
  • We help you to understand how your policy protects against the common risks if you're an agent, tenant or landlord
  • Competitive premiums thanks to Aon’s scale and influence.


Specialist support

  • A team of experienced Real Estate insurance specialists to help you at every step
  • We help you make claims and advocate on your behalf
  • Australian based teams. 


Easy to manage

  • Quotes online or over the phone on 1300 734 274​
  • Options to take out premium funding loans to pay monthly. Fees and charges will apply 
  • Adjust your policy any time. Terms and conditions may apply
  • Easy renewal management
  • Online requests for certificates of insurance.


Rely on Aon’s industry expertise in Real Estate insurance

Business insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. At Aon, we want you to feel confident you’ve made a smart decision for your business insurance needs.

As SME specialists for Real Estate insurance, we understand the risks that businesses like yours face and how to insure against them. We know insurance policies and understand that the detail of your policy wording is critical to providing the type of cover your small business needs. That’s why we help you by arranging policies customised for the common risks of your industry.

Our team of Australian-based SME insurance experts are here to support you and your business every step of the way. We’ll give you access to the relevant information required to help you understand the cover options available to you so you can feel more informed about your choice of insurance.

Aon is a proud partner of the Real Estate Institute of Australia (REIA), the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ), the Real Estate Institute of Western Australia (REIWA), the Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) and the Real Estate Institute of Northern Territory (REINT).


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1300 734 274

8:30am - 7:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
Business Insurance for Real Estate Agents is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited (Aon) ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640 AFSL 232507). If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.

Resident Unit Manager’s Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited (Aon) ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 11 000 016 722) trading as CGU Insurance (CGU). If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.