Association Liability Insurance Get a quote Get a quote Or Call
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Why do NFPs need insurance?

As a not-for-profit association, the value you add to your sector is priceless. By helping to connect like-minded people, sharing learning’s and advising around your sector, your service helps foster a strong community that is well-rounded, innovative and knowledgeable.

However, as with any NFP or charity, and even with the invaluable service you offer, there are a number of risks to which your organisation may be susceptible in day to day operations. It is therefore important that you have in place adequate insurance for your organisation.  This can help you weather the storm if an event such as an allegation of negligence or mismanagement were to surface, and you were suddenly faced with significant legal costs.

Why Aon?

Association Liability Insurance. Easy.

Easy to understand

  • Easy to digest information about what insurances your business needs and buy online
  • Or it’s an easy call to one of our experienced, friendly brokers on 1800 123 266

Easy to Buy

  • Apply online
  • Options available to pay monthly

Easy to manage

  • Manage your renewals and adjust your policy anytime you require, with a quick call
  • Aon can assist you in filing complex claims

Why choose Aon for Protector/Association Liability Insurance?

We have over 30 years of experience helping not-for-profits and charities and are the preferred insurance broker for many leading professional associations. We leverage our relationship with insurers to help ensure your business is protected with cover designed for the risks commonly faced by your industry. The Protector/Association Liability policy we arrange has been specifically developed for not-for-profit and charitable organisations. 

What does Protector/Association Liability through Aon cover?

Professional Indemnity

This provides cover for your organisation with respect to the delivery of your professional services, including in the giving of advice. Examples may include Claims arising out of your provision of professional services (counselling services) as outlined in your policy schedule under “Insured Services”, respite/health care services, education, and advice on the installation of home modification and maintenance.1

Management Liability
This is designed to cover liability incurred by an individual in their capacity as a Manager or Officer. Claims examples may include allegations of breach of duty, incompetent supervision, or ineffective administration.1
Association Liability
This  provides cover for liability claims made or commenced against the association.1
Employment Practices Liability
This is designed to help cover compensation and defence costs payable in relation to an Employment Practices Claim. I.e. alleged wrongful/unfair dismissal, discrimination and harassment complaints.1
Employee Fraud or Dishonesty
This is designed to respond to cover Financial Loss  caused by the fraud or dishonesty  of an Employee.  Examples include theft of contributions or membership fees, dishonest allocation of government grants. Full Crime option available.1
Superannuation Trustees Liability
This is designed to cover liability arising out of your activities  as a Superannuation Fund Trustee.1

Cover benefits of Protector/Association Liability Insurance

  • Legal advice – Access 2 hours of complimentary legal advice on risks covered by this insurance from legal industry experts through the Aon product. Legal advice relating to your policy is not included.1

  • Automatic reinstatement – If a claim amounts to your cover maximum, we’ll automatically reinstate your cover value.1

  • No Excess –Many organisations can commence with nil excess for certain professional indemnity, directors and employment related dispute claims, subject to the terms and conditions of you policy and only where stated in your policy schedule.1

  • Dedicated teams for service & claims


Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by customers.
How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 123 266 during business hours.
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example, you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance provides covers for any new activities, you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.
How do I receive my certificate of currency?
You can request your certificate of currency to be sent by your broker once payment of the policy has been cleared in our account.
Explore more FAQs

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

How can I make payment?
You can make payment over the phone by calling our team on 1300 123 266 or follow the instructions at the bottom of your invoice.

What is the process after I have completed the proposal form?
After you have completed the proposal form you will need to click the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form, or forward the form to our NFP team at As long as you have provided the necessary information, we  will respond to your email with an appropriate quotation or, if required, refer the quotation to our panel of insurers for terms.


Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

In arranging this policy, Aon has a binder agreement with CGU, Chubb and Allied World under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurers and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurers and not as your agent. Any information provided about policies is general in nature and does not take into account your particular objectives, financial situation and needs. Before making a decision, you should carefully consider all information provided to you. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim.