Insurance for Security Firms

Get a quote 02 9253 7326 Get a quote
Or Call 02 9253 7326
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why choose Aon for Security Firm insurance?

When it comes to insurance for Security business owners, there are a few options available to you, and deciding which ones you need might not be easy. At Aon we have had a long standing relationship with the Australian Security Industry Association Limited (ASIAL) since 2003. Working closely with ASIAL and their membership base has allowed us to develop solutions for the security industry whether you specialise in Electrical security, Manpower security, Physical security or any other types of security services.

This relationship and the scale of security operations across Australian has allowed us to develop a specialist security program with expertise in the industry, so you can have the confidence that you’re making better decisions around risk

Aon's team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What insurance do Security business owners need?

Public Liability
Public Liability Insurance protects you against financial liability for third-party personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities. For example, if a client or visitor was to slip and fall while on your business premises, you would look to this policy to cover the claim.

While these events may seem rare, if they do occur, the financial impacts can be very significant. As a Beauty Therapist your profession involves significant interaction with clients, therefore Public Liability is a crucial cover to hold for your business, whether that’s at your office, out in public, or at your clients’ homes.
Product Liability 
Product liability insurance protects against claims of personal injury or property damage caused by products sold or supplied through your business. It is designed to help protect your business by ensuring that if this happens, you don’t have to pay any legal or court costs.
Business Insurance
Business Insurance is designed to protect businesses and their assets against certain unexpected events. For example it can include cover for your business premises if you own it and/or office equipment for fire, storm, theft and other insured events.

A key part of this policy is Business Interruption, which can include cover for lost revenue if your business is unable to operate due to damage to your property as a result of an insured peril.

Business Insurance includes a number of sections of cover including; loss of Keys, negligent loss of money and. Cash in transit or in a safe.
Professional Indemnity
For claims that involve allegations of breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, breach of the Fair Trading Acts, or a mixture of these, where a fee is charged for a professional service.
Personal Accident
Personal Accident can protect you in the event of accidental injury, providing a lump sum payment to help you cover some of your living expenses.

Depending on your individual needs, it can be tailored to cover you if an injury is sustained at work, on your journey to work, or anywhere 24/7. Everyone’s professional and personal circumstances are different, and that’s why it’s important to get the right insurance mix to support your individual needs.

If you would like to find out more about insurance coverage, please contact Michael Pham on 02 9253 7326.

Cover benefits as part of our ASIAL exclusive policy 

Public & Product Liability
Public Liability for personal injury or property damage to a third party, and Product Liability in the event that a product you supply or manufacture causes personal injury. 

Errors & Omissions 
Automatic cover for liability if you give advice or omit something for which you do not charge a fee, which results in loss or harm to a third party. 

Loss of Keys  
Cover for your clients’ keys that are in your legal or physical control. 

Negligent Loss of Money 
Cover if you are found negligent for any loss of money.
Cash in transit / Cash in Safe 
For valuable assets held on behalf of your clients either on your premises or in transit. 

Statutory Liability 
For claims involving civil fines, penalties or court costs by government bodies or under statutory authorities. If your small or medium business would struggle to recover the time and money it takes to respond to legal action, this extension could help to manage that risk. 

Professional Indemnity 
For claims that involve allegations of breach of contract, misrepresentation, negligence, breach of the Fair Trading Acts, or a mixture of these, where a fee is charged for a professional service. 


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by security business owners.
When will I receive my certificate of currency?
When you purchase your insurance online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers the time line may vary.2
How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 02 9253 7326.
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business and also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances change, for example you have moved into a new premises, or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore, then you can always call one of our experienced, friendly brokers to discuss on 02 9253 7326
Explore more FAQs
How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address approximately 30 days before your renewal date. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice. Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.

I have not received my policy documents or renewal offer/documents? 
​Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 02 9253 7326 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
​Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

Can I pay for my policy monthly?
​Yes you can, monthly payments can be arranged through a premium funding agreement with Hunter Premium Funding3 to help you spread the costs of your insurance across the year. Please note that the total overall cost is higher if you pay monthly. Contact us on 02 9253 7326 or by email on


Ways to get in touch

Call 02 9253 7326

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information. 

2We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox. 

3Hunter Premium Funding is a third party independent of Aon, however Aon will receive a commission if you pay for your policy through a premium funding agreement with them. 

In arranging the Broadform Liability Insurance Policy Aon has a binder agreement under which we are authorised to commit Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance (CGU) to providing cover without reference to them. In arranging the Aon Self Storage ISR Policy, Aon has a binder agreement under which we are authorised to commit QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 to providing cover without reference to them.  

If you purchase either of these insurances, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be affecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with the insurer are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim.