Insurance for Golf Clubs

Get a quote 1800 897 753 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 897 753
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do Golf Clubs need insurance?

If you operate a Golf Club, you know very well how both luck and skill can affect a game’s outcome. No matter how skilled a player is, the wind blowing in the wrong direction can be enough to make them miss even the easiest shot. Similarly, when operating a Golf Club, no matter how well you run your business, the possibility of something going wrong is a very real one. Be it a client slipping and falling at your site, or a storm causing damage to your greens, when operating a Golf Club there are many mishaps that can bring with them significant financial burdens. It’s therefore important to protect your organisation with appropriate insurance to help make sure you can keep creating fun times for your members even if you do experience such unfortunate incidents.

Why choose Aon for insurance?

Aon is committed to making life easier for golf clubs When it comes to protecting your business with the right cover, it’s worth being with a broker who understands the risks commonly faced by your sector.

With 40 years of experience in the clubs sector, we’ve arranged cover for hundreds of Golf Clubs across Australia. Our dedicated team of friendly experienced brokers are committed to ensuring you understand the various options available to you, and can help give you the confidence of making a better decision for your business.

What insurance do Golf Clubs need?

Public Liability
Public Liability Insurance helps protect your business against liability for third-party personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities. For example, if a member or visitor was to slip and fall while on your business premises, you would look to this policy to cover the claim.1 

While these events may seem rare, if they do occur, the financial impacts can be very significant. As a hospitality business, your business likely has significant interaction with clients, therefore Public Liability is a crucial cover to consider for your business. 
Property Insurance
Property Insurance is designed to protect your business and its assets (including greens/landscaping) against certain unexpected events. For example it can include cover for damage to the club premises caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. Cover is also available for damage to greens and money (if you keep cash on premises).1

A key part of this policy is Business Interruption, which can provide protection for lost revenue in the event your business is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril.
Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance provides cover for financial loss suffered as a result of a cyber attack. This can include phishing, malware and ransomware.1 

In providing your service, you likely deal with some very sensitive information, and this data may make you a very lucrative target for cyber criminals.
Prize Indemnity
Prize Indemnity insurance covers your liability to pay a prize to a third party, allowing you to insure against the risk of the prize your business is promoting at your event, venue or as part of a competition being won. 1

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Golf club owners.
How do I renew my policy?
Your dedicated Aon Client Manager team will be in touch approximately 60 days before your renewal date to discuss your ongoing needs and any changes to your business. Upon confirmation of these details and requirements, we will work on your renewal and send through the renewal offer. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice.
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business and also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.
 Should your business circumstances change, for example you have are under renovations, and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore, then you can always call your dedicated client manager or one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 897 753.
What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email your dedicated client manager or contact us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day. 
Explore more FAQs
I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies. At Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 897 753, and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.
Can I pay for my policy monthly?
Yes you can. Monthly payments can be arranged through our premium funding agreement with Hunter Premium Funding2 to help you spread the costs of your insurance across the year. Please note that the total overall cost is higher if you pay monthly. Contact us on 1800 897 753 to dicuss this option. 


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 897 753

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2Hunter Premium Funding is a third party independent of Aon, however Aon will receive a commission if you pay for your policy through a premium funding agreement with them.