Caravan Park, Campgrounds & Holiday Park Insurance

Get a quote 1800 810 282 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 810 282
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Why do Caravan Park & Camp Owners need insurance?

If you operate a Caravan Park or Campground the experience you offer to your guests is incomparable to any other accommodation. You might not be offering 5 star amenities, but the magic of being close to nature and the chance to get lost in the wilderness is what makes your experience unique. Regardless of how special your service is, there is always a possibility of a guest alleging your negligence caused them an injury, or damaged their property. Therefore, it is important that you have appropriate insurance in place for your Caravan Park or Campground so you can make sure you can handle the financial strain of such incidents.

Why choose Aon for insurance?

When it comes to insurance for Caravan Park & Camp Owners, there are a few options available to you, and deciding which ones you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. Our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why; helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What Insurance do Caravans Parks & Campgrounds Operators need?

Public Liability
Public Liability Insurance helps protect your business against  third-party claims alleging personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities. For example, if a client or visitor was to slip and fall while on your business premises, you would look to this policy to cover the claim.1
While these events may seem rare, if they do occur, the financial impact can be very significant. As a Caravan Park or Campground, your business will likely have significant interaction with members of the public, therefore Public Liability insurance is a crucial cover to consider for your business.1
Business Insurance
Business Insurance is designed to protect your business, and its assets (including equipment), against certain unexpected events. For example, Business Insurance can include cover for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events.1 
A key part of this policy is Business Interruption cover, which can provide protection for lost revenue in the event your business is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril.1
Business Insurance is made up of a number of coverage sections, and you can choose the sections that relate to your business. Cover is also available for Public Liability.
Professional Indemnity
This provides cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered injury or financial loss.
Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance helps protect you against certain cyber related threats, such as unauthorised access to your computer system or network resulting in loss or theft of data. As a Caravan Park or Campground operator, you may store valuable client data (such as personal details, bank account details and ID documents such as passports and drivers’ licences).
When this type of personal information is kept digitally in your care, custody or control, it is important to consider the risks of data and security breaches. Cyber insurance may be worth considering when protecting your business against these risks.1 Cyber insurance has now become one of the essential products a business in the leisure industry should consider.

Caravan Park & Campground Insurance benefits through Aon

Public & Product Liability
Aon can arrange  $10 million or $20 million cover for third party claims alleging injury or property damage as a result of your business’ activities.1

Building, contents, plant and equipment
The Aon Leisure team can assist you in arranging protection for your business’ assets, whether you require cover for the space used to store your equipment from surf boards to abseiling equipment. The property policy arranged through Aon can protect against damage to equipment, theft, fire and flood.


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by caravan parks & campgrounds operators.
What types of facilities can Aon arrange cover for?

The range of insurances we can arrange are applicable for owners and operators of caravan parks and owners of campgrounds (where people pay to set up a camping spot). If you own another accommodation type, contact our team, and we may be able to assist.

When will I receive my certificate of currency?
When you purchase your insurance online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers the time line may vary.2
How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time. That's why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 810 282 during business hours.
Explore more FAQs
What if I need to make a change to my policy? 
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.
Should your business circumstances change, for example you have moved into new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 810 282.

How do I renew my policy?
Aon’s Leisure team will be in touch approximately 30 days before your renewal date to discuss your ongoing needs and any changes to your business. Upon confirmation of these details and requirements, we will work on your renewal and send through a renewal offer. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice.
Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies. At Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 810 282 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

Can I pay for my policy monthly?
Yes you can, monthly payments can be arranged through a premium funding agreement with Hunter Premium Funding3 to help you spread the costs of your insurance across the year. Please note that the total overall cost is higher if you pay monthly. Contact us on 1800 810 282 or by email on


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 810 282

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information. 

2We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox. 

3Hunter Premium Funding is a third party independent of Aon, however Aon will receive a commission if you pay for your policy through a premium funding agreement with them.