Insurance for Performers

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do Performers need insurance?

As a performer, there’s no doubt what you do is driven by passion – whether it’s your passion for music; love of making people laugh, or joy from the sound of children’s laughter. As much as your work brightens up peoples’ days, sometimes one small incident such as an audience member tripping on a piece of your equipment could be enough to darken your days in a very significant way. That’s why it is important for performers to hold appropriate insurance to help make sure you’re not faced with unexpected financial strain if you experience an unfortunate incident.

Don’t just insure, be sure

Insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. As a broker and Performers insurance specialist, Aon helps you find a policy customised for the common risk of your industry so you’re more confident that you’ve found the right type of insurance for you.

Why Aon for Performers insurance?

Don't just insure, be sure.

Right type of cover

  • Aon arranges Insurance tailored to protect against common risks in the the Performers industry
  • We help you to understand how your policy protects against the common risks as a Performer
  • Competitive premiums thanks to Aon’s scale and influence.

Specialist support

  • A team of experienced Performers insurance specialists to help you at every step
  • We help you make claims and advocate on your behalf
  • Australian based teams.

Easy to manage

  • Quotes online or over the phone on 1800 806 584
  • Options to take out premium funding loans to pay monthly. Fees and charges will apply
  • Adjust your policy any time. Terms and conditions may apply
  • Easy renewal management
  • Online requests for certificates of insurance.

Rely on Aon’s industry expertise in Performers insurance

Insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. At Aon, we want you to feel confident you’ve made a smart decision for your  insurance needs.

As SME specialists for Performers insurance, we understand the risks you face and how to insure against them. We know insurance policies and understand that the detail of your policy wording is critical to providing the type of cover you need. That’s why we help you by arranging policies customised for the common risks of your industry.

Our team of Australian-based SME insurance experts are here to support you every step of the way. We’ll give you access to the relevant information required to help you understand the cover options available to you so you can feel more informed about your choice of insurance.

What Insurance do Performers need?

Public Liability
Performers Public Liability Insurance covers you for your legal liability if you have a third-party property damage and/or bodily injury occurrence arise from your actions or your business activities.1
Breach of Professional Duty
Breach of Professional Duty cover for Performers and Entertainers is designed to protect your business against legal costs and claims by third parties for damages arising from acts, omissions or breaches of professional duty in the course of your business.1

This feature is available within the Public Liability Insurance for Performers arranged through Aon.
Equipment Insurance (Optional)
Instrument & Equipment insurance includes cover for accidental loss or damage and theft of your own equipment, instruments and associated items.1 Equipment and Musical Instrument Insurance is available as an optional cover.

Cover benefits of Performers Insurance

Public and Products Liability cover

  • Public Liability $30,000,000 any one occurrence
  • Products Liability $30,000,000 for any one occurrence and in the aggregate of any one period of insurance
  • Breach of Professional Duty $5,000,000 any one claim and in the aggregate any one period of insurance.1

Worldwide cover
Third-party injury or property damage arising because of your business activities, is generally available for anywhere in the world excluding North America, but subject always to the Territorial Limits stated in your Schedule.1,2

Tutoring and workshops
Cover may be available for any tutoring or workshops you do that are specific to your performance activity, provided it is noted in your Schedule.1

Venue hire
Cover may be available for when you stage a show, rehearsal or workshop with an audience, provided it is noted in your Schedule.1 Generally, cover is available for an audience of up to 300, but if you need cover for more than 300 people just call us on 1800 806 584 we can help.


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Performers.
Who is covered by Performers Insurance?
The Performer’s Liability Insurance arranged through Aon can cover the following categories of performers:

Category 1
Actors/Acting, Astrologers, Baton Twirling, Bingo Callers, Bubble Blowing, Caricatures, Cartoonists, Characters, Comedians, Comperes, Costumed Characters, Escape Artists, Hula Hoop, Impersonators, Magicians, Marching, Marriage Celebrants, MC’s, Mime, Models, Poets, Promotional Boy/Girl, Public Speakers, Puppetry, Race Callers, Spruikers, Statues, Stilt Walkers, Storytellers, Theatre Performers, Trivia Hosts, TV Presenters, Unicycling/Trick Cycling 

Category 2 
Acrobats, Aerial Performers, Balloon Sculpting, Burlesque Artist, Clairvoyant, Clowns, Dancers, DJ’s/Video DJ’s, Face & Body Painters, Juggling, - Non-Dangerous Goods – balls etc, Karaoke, Musicians/Singers, Pavement Art, Physical Theatre, Plate Spinning, Roller Skating, Tarot Card Reading, Temporary. 3 

If you are in a category not described above please contact our entertainment team, and they can assist with your query. 
Do I need Performers Insurance if the venue has insurance?
Although the venue or contractor may have their own Public Liability insurance in place, it generally won’t cover liability of performers or other third parties engaged by the venue in the event of an occurrence which results in a claim.

This is because their insurance generally covers them for their own insured activities and liabilities. Performers are not employees, and therefore the venue’s/contractor’s policy will not necessarily extend to liability incurred by them or any other third party working for them.
Does my Public Liability Insurance cover me if I work overseas?
If you travel overseas to perform, Public Liability Insurance for Performers arranged through Aon will generally cover you anywhere outside of North America, provided this is stated in your Schedule.1,2
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

Am I covered if I let someone borrow my equipment or instruments?
Yes, under the Equipment & Musical Instrument Insurance arranged through Aon, your equipment may be covered if you lend it to someone else. However special terms, conditions and excesses apply. Please ensure you read the PDS, Policy Wording, and/or contact our office for more information.

Is insurance mandatory in my field?
While there is no governing body which mandates insurance for bands & performing groups,  insurance should still be an important consideration regardless of whether or not it is mandatory. Some of your clients or some production locations may also require you to hold Public Liability insurance before commencing work.

How do I make a claim?
​You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date you will receive a renewal email and schedule from Aon. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, please make your payment by the date specified on your invoice.

Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 806 584 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.  
2Cover is not provided in respect of activities in North America. 
3APRA, Music Victoria, Music ACT & WAM members receive a discount when category 2 cover is selected. 

Performers Liability insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 (Aon) as agent for the insurer, Certain Underwriters at Lloyds. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request. 

Equipment and Instrument Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.