Insurance for Musicians

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do you need Muso Personal Accident Insurance?

As a musician or singer your talent is your life and your income, so how would you manage losing that income if you’re injured or fall ill, or in more extreme cases become permanently disabled and not be able to perform?

Our Personal Accident Insurance fills an important gap in the insurance market for musicians, and helps protect you 24/7 anywhere, anytime, whether that be on-stage or whilst travelling to and from a gig/work.

Why Aon?

Muso Personal Accident Insurance. Easy

Easy to understand

  • Easy to digest information about what insurances your business needs and buy online
  • Or it’s an easy call one of our experienced, friendly brokers on 1800 806 584

Easy to Buy

  • Quick quotes available online
  • Purchase in just a few clicks
  • Options available to pay monthly

Easy to manage

  • Adjust your policy anytime you require and manage your renewals with a quick call
  • Request certificates of insurance quickly and easily
  • Aon can assist you in filing complex claims

Why choose Aon for Muso Personal Accident Insurance?

When it comes to Muso Personal Accident Insurance, deciding on the cover you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.
Aon work with numerous associations connected to the music community and we are proud to be endorsed by organisations such as APRA-AMCOS and Folk Alliance Australia.  

Friendly, experienced brokers
Prefer to discuss before you buy? We are here to answer all your questions over the phone.
1800 806 584
What Cover Packages are available?

Basic package for Accidental Injury Cover only  
  • Weekly support up to $500**
  • $50,000 Death & Injury Limit
Prices between $74.25 and $88.58***  
Muso EXTRA Support
For those who only want Accidental Injury Cover but would like a little extra financial protection.  
  • Weekly support up to $750**
  • $100,000 Death & Injury Limit
Prices between $119.35 & $137.43***
Muso Support +
Accidental Injury & Illness Cover.  
  • Weekly Support up to $500**
  • $50,000 Death & Injury Limit
Prices between $305.25 & $343.78***
Muso EXTRA Support +
Accidental Injury & Illness cover with an extra level of financial protection.  
  • Weekly Support up to $750**
  • $100,000 Death & Injury Limit
Prices between $460.35 & $514.73***

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Musicians.
How does Personal Accident Insurance work?
If you’ve suffered an injury or sickness during the policy period and are unable to work, the policy will respond by paying you a weekly settlement that you’ve selected or that’s up to 85% of the gross weekly income from your activities as a musician or music/singing teacher. This weekly settlement will be paid for up to 156 weeks!1
Does the policy cover me while abroad?
If you’re travelling and performing abroad, with the Musician Support policies we arrange, you’ll be covered 24/7 for loss of income due to injury and/or sickness (based on your type of cover) regardless of where you are. Please note the amount paid is in AUD only.
What is the difference between Accidental and Illness cover and Accident only cover?
This policy has been designed so that you can pick the type as well as level of cover that best suits you – whether that’s for accident alone or if you’d also like to cover yourself for unexpected sickness. 

For the Accident only policies (Muso Support and Muso EXTRA Support options), you’ll be covered for loss of income after an incident occurs that results in your injury, when that injury lasts longer than 7 days.  

If you also want cover for Illness (Muso Support + and Muso EXTRA Support + options), you’ll have the added benefit that if you get sick for longer than 14 days within the policy period, you’ll also be covered for any resulting loss of income.
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

​Does Aon offer insurance for my valuable equipment? 
Yes. As a musician or singer with entertainment gear and instruments, you should also consider our separate Equipment/Instrument insurance policy. This cover helps insure your equipment and instruments from accidental damage and theft, during transport, through your performance and whilst in storage. Plus, this cover protects you worldwide. 

How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584 during business hours. 

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.  

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have moved into a new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date you will receive a renewal email and schedule from Aon. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept there is nothing more for you to do your policy will automatically renew on the expiry date of your previous policy and you will receive an invoice via your elected email. To make sure you remain insured, it is important that you pay your invoice by the date specified on the tax invoice. 

Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive. 

Can I pay for my policy monthly?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day. 
Other insurance

Other covers to consider

View other insurance policies arranged through Aon for Musicians.
Public Liability
As Entertainment industry specialists, we know another risk faced by musicians and singers (whether soloists or part of a band), is that of injury and property damage of third parties. Aon can arrange a separate $20million Public Liability policy at competitive pricing to help protect against liability for third-party personal injury or property damage arising out of your insured activities

Our Public Liability cover is worldwide excluding USA and Canada (although if you need cover here, just call our team directly and we'll arrange a bespoke policy).
Musical Instrument & Equipment
As a musician or singer with entertainment gear and instruments, you should also consider our separate Equipment/Instrument insurance policy. This cover helps insure your equipment and instruments from accidental damage and theft, during transport, through your performance and whilst in storage. Plus, this cover protects you worldwide. 

What equipment is covered?
  • Musical 
  • Sound & Lighting
  • Audio-Visual
  • Entertainment
Car and Home Insurance
Aon arrange a variety of personal insurance products for our clients including Home, Contents, Motor, Landlords, Boat and Caravan insurance.

If you like to keep all your insurances in one place, please talk to one of our advisors about our options and pricing.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us 
**Weekly settlement is capped at 85% of your gross weekly income or nominated specified amount which you select, whatever is lessor, for income derived from your activities as a performing musician/singer as well as a provider of music and singing tuition. 
***To see a full breakdown of applicable charges please click here. To discuss them further, please contact our Entertainment team. 

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information. 

Musicians Support Policy Personal Accident Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Accident & Health International Underwriting Pty Ltd, ABN 26 053 335 952, AFSL 238261 who act on behalf of Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd (TMNF) ABN 80 000 438 291, ASFL 246548. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.