Insurance for Film & TV Professionals

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do Film & TV Professionals need insurance?

You’re the envy of your friends, who think you’ve got the best gig spending your days with A-list celebrities. However, as a film or TV producer, the list of tasks you have to juggle in a production is longer than anyone can imagine. And unfortunately, in managing all these different aspects, the possibility of mishaps such as a member of the public falling over on your set, is very real, no matter how carefully you plan.

Therefore, it is important film & TV producers hold appropriate insurance to protect you from the financial consequences of such mishaps. Without adequate cover in place, there are many incidents like these that could very well leave you with your own kind of cliff-hanger.

Why Aon?

Film & TV Professionals Insurance. Easy.

Easy to Understand

  • Easy to digest information about what insurances your business needs and buy online
  • Or it’s an easy call one of our experienced, friendly brokers on 1800 806 584

Easy to Buy

  • Quick quotes available online
  • Purchase in just a few clicks
  • Options available to pay monthly

Easy to Manage

  • Adjust your policy anytime you require and manage your renewals with a quick call
  • Request certificates of insurance quickly and easily
  • Aon can assist you in filing complex claims

Why choose Aon for Film & TV Insurance

When it comes to Insurance for Film & TV Professionals, deciding on the cover you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What Insurance do Film & TV Professionals need?

Public Liability
This includes cover for legal liability if you’re held responsible for bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party as a result of your work.1

While in the middle of a shoot, you know how hectic things can get. Sometimes all it takes is a minor oversight such as a loose wire or leaving a piece of equipment where it shouldn’t be to cause significant damage. Public Liability is therefore a very important insurance to consider for film & TV professionals.

Some of your clients, or some shoot locations may also require you to hold Public Liability before you’re allowed to start work.
Equipment Insurance
This includes cover for the cost to repair or replace equipment if it’s damaged, lost or stolen.1

Some of the equipment which may be covered include audio-visual, entertainment, musical, film & tv, sound and lighting and associated equipment. Equipment insurance can cover in transit, during use and in storage.
Film Producers' Indemnity
Also known as Cast Insurance, this reimburses the production company for cost incurred in completing principal photography because of death, injury or illness to scheduled artists (usually main cast & director).1
Negative Film, Content Media Insurance
Reimburses the Production Company for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in re-shooting an unacceptable portion due to damage to negative film, video tape, sound tracks, work prints and tapes.1
Reimburses the Production Company for extra expense incurred due to interruption, postponement, or cancellation of a production directly and solely because of loss or damage to the contracted property/facilities. Mechanical breakdown can also be included.1
Errors & Omissions
Cover for Legal Liability, which may include defence costs, against claims relating to unauthorised use of titles, format, ideas, characters, plots, plagiarism, unfair competition, slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.1
Business Insurance
Business Insurance is designed to protect your business and its assets (including equipment) against certain unexpected events. For example it can include cover for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. Cover is also available for damage to money (if you keep cash on premises), and portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops.2

A key part of this policy is Business Interruption, which can provide protection for lost revenue in the event your business is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril.

Business Insurance is made up of a number of cover sections, and you can choose the sections that relate to your business. Cover is also available for damage to money (if you keep cash on premises), portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops, and Public Liability.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Film & TV Professionals.
Who can Aon arrange cover for with a Film and TV policy?
Aon can arrange Film & TV Insurance for the following professions; Cameramen, Cinematographers, Outside Broadcasters, Directors, Assistant Directors, Directors of Lighting, Directors of Sound, Executive Producer, Line Producer, Production Designer, Production Coordinator, Production Assistant, Prop Master, Set Director, Director of Photography, Camera Operator, Photographer, Gaffer, Key Grip, Video Assistant, Prompter, White Glove, Usher, Stewards, Show Calling, Screen Technician, Media Advisor, Media Monitor, Broadcast Officer, Editor, Sub Editor.

If your work is similar to these professions, but not listed, we may still be able to arrange cover for you – just give our team a call.
Does my Public Liability Insurance cover me if I work overseas?
The Film & TV professional’s Public Liability Insurance arranged by Aon includes cover for work performed anywhere in the world, except North America.
Is my equipment covered overseas?
If you travel overseas to work on a production, the Equipment & Musical Instrument Insurance arranged by Aon may still cover your items. You will need to ensure your schedule notes your travel locations. If you need to update your travel locations, please contact our team.
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

Am I covered if I let someone borrow my equipment?
Yes, under the Equipment & Musical Instrument Insurance arranged through Aon, your equipment may be covered if you lend, or hire it out, to someone else. However special terms, conditions and excesses apply. Please ensure you read the PDS and Policy Wording, and/or contact our office for more information.

Is insurance a mandatory requirement in my field?
While there is no governing body which mandates insurance for film & TV professionals, insurance should still be an important consideration regardless of whether or not it is mandatory. Some of your clients or some production locations may also require you to hold Public Liability insurance before commencing work.

How do I make a claim?
​You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date you will receive a renewal email and schedule from Aon. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, please make your payment by the date specified on your invoice.

Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 806 584 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

Film & TV professionals, Camera Operators and Outside Broadcasters Public & Products Liability insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Certain Underwriters at Lloyds. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request.