Insurance for Dance Teachers

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST

Why do Dance Teachers need insurance?

Whether you’re teaching dance, performing, or operating a studio, all dancers have one thing in common – you have the ability to astonish an audience with your movements. However, an unfortunate reality is that no matter how smooth your movements are, sometimes disaster can waltz into your life without any warning. Be it someone falling over at your studio, or a student alleging a dance move you taught caused them injury, some events can send your world into an imperfect pirouette, and the consequences of such events can take a serious toll on you financially and professionally.

Therefore, insurance is an important consideration for dancers and dance teachers and something you wouldn’t want to put in a corner. Having appropriate insurance cover in place can help ensure you can face the difficulty associated with certain incidents and don’t find yourself with significant out of pocket costs.

Why Aon?

Dance Teachers Insurance. Easy.

Easy to Understand

  • Easy to digest information about what insurances your business needs and buy online
  • Or it’s an easy call one of our experienced, friendly brokers on 1800 806 584

Easy to Buy

  • Quick quotes available online
  • Purchase in just a few clicks
  • Options available to pay monthly

Easy to Manage

  • Adjust your policy anytime you require and manage your renewals with a quick call
  • Request certificates of insurance quickly and easily
  • Aon can assist you in filing complex claims

Why choose Aon for Dancers & Dance Teachers Insurance?

When it comes to insurance for Dancers and Dance Teachers, deciding on the cover you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why; helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What does Dance Insurance cover?

Professional Indemnity
Dance Professional Indemnity includes cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered injury or financial loss.

Professional Indemnity insurance may cover the cost of legal representation in defending a claim as well as any compensation you’re required to pay.

The policy arranged by Aon includes:
  • Professional Indemnity $10 million for any one claim and in the aggregate any one period of insurance.1
  • Retroactive Date Unlimited
  • This is a claims made policy. This means that for a claim to be covered, the policy needs to be active at the time a claim is made, rather than when the incident took place.1
Public and Products Liability Cover
Dance Public Liability insurance includes cover for your legal liability to third parties for property damage and/or personal injury that is caused by an occurrence in connection with your business activities.1

The policy arranged by Aon includes:
  • Public Liability option of $10 million or $20 million for any one occurrence.
  • Products Liability option of $10 million or $20 million in any one occurrence and in total during any one period of insurance.
  • Goods in your “Care, Custody or Control” up to $100,0001
Business Insurance
If you’re operating a dance studio you may need cover for your property and/or contents. Aon can arrange a Business Insurance policy that can help protect your assets against certain unexpected events. For example, it can include cover for damage to your premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. Business Interruption is also available under this policy as an optional extra, which can include cover for lost revenue in the event your studio is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Dancers & Dance Teachers.
Who does Dance Insurance cover?
This policy covers a broad range of activities in the dance industry which we have listed for you below:

Acro, Aerobic, African, Anti-gravity yoga, Aqua Aerobics, Aqua Zumba, Ballet, Ballroom, Baton Twirling, Bellydance, Bollywood, Breakdance, Burlesque, Calisthenics, Ceroc, Cheer, Contemporary dance, Contra Dance, Country & Western, Cultural, Flamenco, Folk, Funk, Gymnastics (floor work), Highland, Hip Hop, Hula Hoops, Irish, Jazz, Jazz Ballet, Jazzercise, Jungle Body, Konga, Latin dancing, Linedancing, Modern, Morris, Performance Troupe, Physical Culture, Pilates, Pole Fitness, Pound, Rock 'n' Roll, Round dance, Salsa, Jazz, Jazz Ballet, Jazzercise, Konga, Square dance, Street, Swing dancing, Tai Chi, Tango, Tap, Theatrical, Tribal, Xtend, Barre, Yoga, Zouk, Zumba

If your dance style is not included in the above list, please contact us on 1800 806 584  and we will be able to assist you over the phone.

Why do Dancers and Dance Teachers need Public Liability Insurance?
Picture this: You are in the middle of a lesson teaching a group to foxtrot when suddenly there is a loud crash, one of the mirrors on the wall has fallen off and broken glass is everywhere. Unfortunately, it has also landed on the groups personal items and one person has received a cut from the glass. You could be held legally liable for any damage caused to property and for any injuries that may have been incurred. Public Liability Insurance helps cover your legal liability for property damage and/or bodily injury to a third party caused by an occurrence happening in connection with your business activities during the period of insurance.

Even if you’re not teaching a class, and only performing, PL is still an important cover to consider as you may be held liable for injury to another dancer, or damage to a venue as a result of your activities.
Can the Dance Insurance cover arranged through Aon cover Property Owners Liability?
Yes, if you own the building your studio is located in, cover can be provided under the policy.
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

I am travelling overseas to perform, will my policy still cover me?
The Dance Public & Products Liability arranged through Aon provides worldwide cover, excluding the United States of America, Canada and their respective protectorates and territories. If you are travelling to these excluded regions, please contact our office to discuss.

What is retroactive cover and do I need it?
Retroactive cover is a feature of Professional Indemnity Insurance and provides coverage for incidents that occurred before the policy was taken out. When taking out Professional Indemnity cover, you will be asked to nominate a retroactive date, or the insurer may impose one. It is an important cover to include as claims can arise from a lesson or performance you have provided in the past. Having retroactive cover can help ensure you’re still able to make a claim for certain previous incidents.

How do I make a claim?
​You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore, then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer and schedule will be sent to you via your elected email address approximately 30 days before your renewal date. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, please make your payment by the date specified on your invoice.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 806 584 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

Professional Indemnity, Product Liability and Public Liability Insurance for Dance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 (Aon) on behalf of the underwriter, Chubb Insurance Australia Limited ABN 23 001 642 020 AFSL 239687. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.