Insurance for Musicians, Bands & Performing Groups

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do Bands & Performing Groups need insurance?

Making music is your forte, and to your audiences you’re a natural. But when you’re part of a band or any other performing group, you know how much hard work goes into each and every tune. From the sleepless nights trying to perfect a bridge, to living out of a suitcase for longer than most would find comfortable, the musician or performer life may or may not be exactly what you signed up for.

But when performing to an audience or in public, one thing you do sign up for is the possibility of certain mishaps, and these risks are a part of your work regardless of how perfectly you rehearse. Therefore, having adequate insurance for your performing group should be an important consideration before you start strumming. 

Why Aon?

Bands & Performing Groups Insurance. Easy

Easy to understand

  • Easy to digest information about what insurances your business needs and buy online
  • Or it’s an easy call one of our experienced, friendly brokers on 1800 806 584.

Easy to Buy

  • Quick quotes available online
  • Purchase in just a few clicks
  • Options available to pay monthly

Easy to manage

  • Adjust your policy anytime you require and manage your renewals with a quick call
  • Request certificates of insurance quickly and easily
  • Aon can assist you in filing complex claims

Why choose Aon for Bands & Performing Groups insurance?

When it comes to Insurance for Bands & Performing Groups, deciding on the cover you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why; helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What Insurance do Bands & Performing Groups need?

Public Liability
This includes cover for your legal liability if you’re held responsible for bodily injury and/or property damage to someone during the course of your performance or day to day activities.2 As unlikely as this may seem, think about how easy it is to become so absorbed in your music when performing.

During one of these intense moments, all it would take is for you to accidentally drop an instrument on someone, or cause damage to the stage for your world to quickly fall flat.

Some of your clients may also require you to hold Public Liability before you’re allowed to start work, and some venues may also require this.
Equipment Insurance
This includes cover for the cost to repair or replace your equipment if it’s damaged, lost or stolen. Some of the equipment which may be covered includes microphones; speakers; mixing boards, amplifiers and more.2

Your equipment is the most important part of your work – without it, there wouldn’t be much of your performance you could do. Equipment insurance has been designed to help make sure you’re not faced with the full cost of replacing your equipment and musical instruments if they’re damaged by events such as fire, or if they’re stolen from your home.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Bands & Performing Groups.
Who is covered under the Public Liability policy for Band & Performing Groups?
Under the Public Liability insurance for Bands & Performing Groups arranged through Aon , we’re able to arrange cover for music bands; orchestra groups; choir groups; children’s entertainment performers; dance performance groups; Cultural Performance Group and theatre performance groups.

If you’re unsure whether your group fits one of the above, give us a call and we’ll be able to help confirm.
Does my Public Liability Insurance cover me if I work overseas?

If you travel overseas to perform, Public Liability Insurance for Bands & Performing Groups arranged through Aon will cover you anywhere outside of North America. 1

Am I covered if I let someone borrow my equipment or instruments?
Yes, under the Equipment & Musical Instrument Insurance arranged through Aon, your equipment may be covered if you lend it, or hire it out, to someone else. However special terms, conditions and excesses apply. Please ensure you read the PDS and Policy Wording, and/or contact our office for more information.
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

Is insurance a mandatory requirement in my field?
While there is no governing body which mandates insurance for bands & performing groups, insurance should still be an important consideration regardless of whether or not it is mandatory. Some of your clients or some of the venues you perform at may also require you to hold Public Liability insurance before commencing work

How do I make a claim?
​You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time. That's why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore, then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer and schedule will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, please make your payment by the date specified on your invoice.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 806 584 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1North America is USA and Canada, you will need to inform Aon if you require cover in North America, please contact us on 1800 806 584.
2Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

Public Liability Insurance for Bands & Performing Groups is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Certain Underwriters at Lloyds.  Equipment and Instrument Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708. If you purchase these insurances, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.