Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance

Get a quote 1800 123 266
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why might you need Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance?

Does your Not For Profit work with volunteers in your day-to-day activities? Or even at events? Volunteers are a vital resource for many organisations, especially for NFPs. Should accidental injury or death occur for one of your volunteers, not only will this affect the wellbeing of the volunteer, but your organisation may also be liable for the costs associated with the injury or death. This is why we have worked with insurers to create a comprehensive and affordable, Volunteer Personal Accident (VPA) insurance cover to protect your organisation and your volunteers, should a volunteer sustain injury or death whilst performing their duties.

The Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance we arrange can be purchased by an organisation for the benefit of its volunteers. Plus, unique to Aon, cover may be arranged to protect volunteers of any age, so long as they can take direction and work independently and this is stated in the policy schedule.

Why choose Aon for Volunteer Personal Accident insurance?

With over 30 years’ experience protecting the NFP industry, you can trust we are familiar with commonly faced volunteer risks and claims and have tailored this policy to match. We are committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. You can apply online by filling out our online form. If you would prefer to speak to someone, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly why. So you can be confident you’re making the right  decision for your business. 

As a Not For Profit you are exposed to several risks and it is  likely you will need to apply for insurance covers in addition to  volunteer personal accident. For example, other relevant insurances may include public liability, association liability and property insurance. To find out what other covers your organisation may require, and to apply for them online, try Aon's NFP Insurance Puzzle Helper, helping you to identify what you need, and just as importantly, what you don’t.  

What Insurance might NFPs and Volunteering Organisations need?

Public and Products Liability Insurance
If third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation’s activities, this cover is designed to protect your organisation in the event of a claim. 
Protector Association Liability Insurance
This policy can include several coverages, including cover for the personal liability of an individual as well as allegations made against the organisation.  For example, a director, officer or committee member of your NFP, in carrying out their normal duties, may receive an allegation of wrongdoing. So too may paid staff or volunteers as part of the daily running of the organisation, such as when giving advice via the phone, your website or marketing material.
Property and crime
Should an item that generally doesn’t leave your premises, like a machine or money, get damaged or stolen, Property cover can help. If certain items do need to leave the premises, we can arrange cover for these items too. 
Motor Vehicles - Owned and Non-owned
Comprehensive Motor Vehicle insurance is available for your organisation’s fleet, and for other vehicles used by you in your organisation’s activities.

Comprehensive motor vehicle cover provides cover for damage to vehicles that are owned, hired, borrowed or used by your organisation. 

The policy also offers Third Party Liability coverage.


Not For Profit Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance helps protect NFP organisations against internet-based risks and cyber attacks. Cyber risk is an exposure that no modern business can escape, and the financial impact of system interruption, privacy and cybercrime events are now felt within all industries. 

As a Not-for-profit organisation, you may store a lot of personal information on your systems. A cyber attack on your organisation may result in unauthorised release of that information. Standard insurance cover such as Public Liability and Professional Indemnity may not protect you in the event of a cyber attack, and as such the financial implications for your organisation could be very significant. 

In response, Aon has worked with our cyber risk experts to develop a comprehensive and competitively priced insurance cover that protects your Not-for-profit.  

Cover benefits of Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance

No matter the age, should a volunteer injure themselves whilst carrying out work on behalf of an organisation, you/your organisation will be covered1 in the event of a claim.  

What's covered under this policy:
  • Death & Capital Benefits $25,000 (higher limits available upon application) 
  • Weekly Benefits $500 (higher limits available upon application) 
  • Non-Medicare medical expenses paid, for up to $10,000 
  • Paraplegia/Quadraplegia – home/car modification costs up to $10,000  
  • Pharmaceutical expenses due to injury (on doctor’s advice) up to $1,000  

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by our clients.
Is individual work experience covered under this policy? 
Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance may cover individuals undertaking work experience provided the policy is purchased by the organisation1.  
How do I make a claim? 
If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing au.nfp@aon.com, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124. 
What is required to renew my policy? 
Aon’s Not for Profit Team will contact you prior to expiry of your policy to discuss renewal. Aon recognises filling out forms is a chore, so we have simplified the renewal process where many organisations may be able to take advantage of not having to complete proposal forms again in order to renew the policy. 
Explore more FAQs
What if I need to make a change to my policy? 
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.  

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.  

What are your opening hours? 
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at au.nfp@aon.com and we will pick up your query on the next business day. 

Where does the cover Aon arranges extend to in Australia? 
Your coverage can extend to all states and territories across the country.  So, regardless of where you live or operate from in Australia, you can get covered through Aon. 


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information. 

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim.