Insurance for NFP Disability Carers

Get a quote 1800 123 266 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do NFP Disability Carers need insurance? 

Although caring for those with a disability may be rewarding, it also presents many challenges. As a professional carer you not only are faced with the challenge of making life easier for the disabled but are also running a Not For Profit business which presents its own challenges and risks.

If you or the person you are caring for are injured whilst you are at work, what would you do? Without the appropriate insurance in place, you could be held liable for damages when an incident arises.

Aon have created a relevant and competitively priced insurance solution for NFP Disability Carers specifically for the risks associated with your work.

Why Aon for NFP Disability Carers Insurance

Right types of cover

  • Aon arranges Insurance tailored to protect against common risks in the Disability Service industry
  • We help you to understand how your policy protects against the common risks as a Disability Service Provider
  • Competitive premiums thanks to Aon’s scale and influence

Specialist support

  • A team of experienced NFP Disability Carer Insurance specialists to help you at every step
  • ​We help you make claims and advocate on your behalf
  • Australian based teams

Easy to Manage

  • Quotes online or over the phone on 1800 123 266
  • Options to take out premium funding loans to pay monthly. Fees and charges will apply 
  • Adjust your policy any time. Terms and conditions may apply 
  • Easy renewal management 

Rely on Aon’s industry expertise in NFP Disability Carer Insurance

Business insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. At Aon, we want you to feel confident you’ve made a smart decision for your business insurance needs.

As NFP specialists in arranging Disability Carer insurance, we understand the risks that professionals like you face and how to insure against them. We know insurance policies and understand that the detail of your policy wording is critical to providing the type of cover your small business needs. That’s why we help you by arranging policies customised for the common risks of your industry.

Our team of Australian-based NFP insurance experts are here to support you and your business every step of the way. We’ll give you access to the relevant information required to help you understand the cover options available to you so you can feel more informed about your choice of insurance.

What Insurance do NDIS Service Providers need?

Professional Indemnity
Cover against legal liability arising  out of the performance of your professional services or duties. Examples may include claims arising out of advice given by you in a counselling session, or with respect to respite/health care, or education and advice you provided on the installation of home modification and maintenance. 
Public and products liability
Cover for your legal liability for claims pursued by third parties alleging injury or property damage was sustained as a result of your organisation's activities. This policy can help ensure that you, your employees and your volunteers are protected in the event of a claim. 
Property and crime
Cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can arrange to ensure they’re covered too, just give us a call. 
Motor Vehicles - Owned
Comprehensive motor cover protects your organisation's (including leased) vehicles and also offers Third Party Liability cover.


What Insurances do NFP Service Providers need?

Protector Association Liability
Cover for your organisation’s directors, officers and committee members against legal liability arising from their duties. It also protects your organisation against alleged wrongful acts, and extends to employment practices liability and fidelity.
Motor Vehicles - Owned & Non-owned
Owned Motor Vehicles
Comprehensive motor cover protects your organisation's (including leased) vehicles. 

Non-Owned Motor Vehicles
 This covers loss of excess, no claim bonus and hire costs for vehicles not owned by your organisation (such as those owned by volunteers) while being used on behalf of the organisation. 

The Policy also offers Third party Liability cover. 
Public and products liability
If third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation's activities, a public liability policy provides cover for you, your employees and your volunteers in the event of a claim.
Voluntary workers personal accident
This includes cover for your volunteers if they suffer an injury whilst they’re working for you. The Volunteer Worker’s Personal Accident cover arranged through Aon will pay a lump sum for permanent injuries and a weekly benefit to help supplement the volunteers’ loss of income.
Property and crime
Cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can seek to arrange cover for them too, just give us a call.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by our clients.
What is required to renew my policy? 
Aon’s Not for Profit Team will contact you prior to expiry of your policy to discuss renewal. Aon recognises filling out forms is a chore, so we have simplified the renewal process where many organisations may be able to take advantage of not having to complete proposal forms again in order to renew the policy.
How do I make a claim?
If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.
Explore more FAQs
What are your opening hours? 
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. AET Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day. 

Where does the cover Aon arranges extend to in Australia? 
Your coverage can extend to all states and territories across the country.  So, regardless of where you live or operate from in Australia, you can get covered through Aon. 


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim.