Community Radio Insurance

Start Puzzle Helper 1800 123 266 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm AET

Why do Community Radio Groups need insurance?

If you’re running a community radio group, the nature of your work makes you susceptible to a number of key risks, whether the topic of conversation on air or the risk of damaging your valuable equipment, the chance of these events occurring should be taken into consideration. The insurance cover Aon arranges for community radio groups has been designed with consideration of these risks, and provides cover for defamation, transmission sites, as well as your team and equipment during outside broadcasts.

Why choose Aon for Community Radio Groups Insurance?

As Aon have been assisting the community sector, including community radio groups, with their insurance needs for over 30 years, we have a clear understanding of the key risks you face. When it comes to insurance for your community radio group, there are a number of options available to you, and you may or may not need more than one. We understand it can be confusing, and there are a lot of pieces to put together. So as part of our commitment to making insurance easy to understand, buy and manage, we’ve developed the NFP Insurance Puzzle Helper to help you identify what you need, don’t need, and most importantly, why.

What Insurance do Community Radio Groups need?

Association/Protector Liability
Designed to cover Community Radio directors and office bearers for situations such as unintentional defamation, our Association/Protector Liability policy provides cover in the event of a defamation claim. This policy also provides added benefit with cover for; Professional Indemnity, Management Liability, Employment Practices Liability & Employee Fraud or Dishonesty.
Public Liability
This includes cover for your legal liability if third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation's activities. We can help ensure that your business is protected in the event of a claim arising out of any occurrence during your period of insurance which results in the third party’s injury or property damage.1
Property and crime
Your transmission sites, building, contents (that don’t leave the building) can all be covered through a Property Insurance Policy arranged through us. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, including specialised outside broadcast bands and equipment, we can help ensure they’re covered too – simply give our team a call to discuss your options.1
Voluntary Workers Personal Accident
This includes cover for your volunteers if they suffer an injury whilst they’re working for you. The Volunteer Worker’s Personal Accident cover arranged through Aon covers the volunteer’s lost income as a result of their Injury which you’re required to pay while the volunteer recovers, as well as lump sum benefits if the volunteer is permanently and seriously injured.
Age shouldn’t be an obstacle to volunteering or your insurance, so we may be able to offer a policy with no age limit.1
Motor Vehicles – Owned and Non-Owned
Owned Motor Vehicles
Comprehensive motor cover helps protect your organisation's (including leased) vehicles. 

Non-Owned Motor Vehicles
This covers loss of excess, no claim bonus and hire costs for vehicles not owned by your organisation (such as those owned by volunteers) while being used on behalf of the organisation.1​
Cyber Insurance (optional)
Cyber insurance helps protect NFP organisations against internet-based risks and cyber attacks. Cyber risk is an exposure that no modern business can escape, and the financial impact of system interruption, privacy and cybercrime events are now felt within all industries. 
As a Not-for-profit organisation, you may store a lot of personal information on your systems. A cyber attack on your organisation may result in unauthorised release of that information. Standard insurance cover such as Public Liability and Professional Indemnity may not offer protection in the event of a cyber attack, and as such the financial implications for your organisation could be very significant. 
In response, Aon has worked with our cyber risk experts to develop a comprehensive and competitively priced insurance cover that protects your Not-for-profit.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Community Radio Groups.
Why might I need Cyber Insurance?
As a not-for-profit, your relationship with your donors is based on trust – you receive donations because your donors trust you will use their money towards the right cause, so if they feel they can’t trust you with their personal information, they might not trust you with their money. You might store personal information digitally or have a payment processing system to accept donations or offer ticketing online and all these digital systems could be vulnerable to cyber-attacks. If your organisations computer was hacked, it might mean access could be gained to private information like addresses, emails, financial information, and credit card details of your donors. Even if you feel the data you hold isn’t highly sensitive (for example, if you don’t hold credit card details), it’s not necessarily about the data being useful to the hacker, but how the data and records are useful to your organisation, and whether you could function without them.
How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 123 266 during business hours.
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266 during business hours.
Explore more FAQs
How do I receive my certificate of currency?
Your certificate of currency will be available to you upon request and will be sent by your broker once payment of the policy has been made.

What are your opening hours? 
​Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday AET (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

What is the process after I have completed the proposal form? 
​After you have completed the proposal form you will need to click the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the form, or forward the form the form onto our NFP team. As long as you have provided the necessary information, we will return your email with an appropriate quotation or, if required, refer the quotation to our panel of insurers for terms.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)

Email us

1. Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in Aon’s FSG or provided upon request.