Business Insurance Pack for Health Professionals

Business Insurance Pack for Health Associations

Here’s a smarter method of buying a Business Insurance pack, with three pre-selected online options designed to suit the most common business needs of health professionals. Our online application will only ask you questions relevant to your business’s risks, without the long, time-consuming questionnaires. The table below sets out the covers included and not included under each option.


Choose your cover

Here’s an overview of the covers included and not included under each option:

On the move
Sole Practitioner / Small Business
Small-Medium Business
Custom Cover

General Portable Property







Business Interruption










Engineering Plant


Electronic Equipment


Employee Fraud

  Get Quote Get Quote Get Quote Get Quote

Or Call 1800 805 191  Mon – Fri 8:30 am - 5:00 pm AET


Questions to ask yourself
Here are some FAQ's most commonly ask by peers with in your field.
How much should I insure my contents and general property for?
Your contents and general property should be insured for new replacement value. This means you need to work out the cost to replace the items and property with brand new items that have a similar function, output and construction to that of the original property.
How can I work out the sum insured for my Property (building)?
The sum insured you nominate under your property section should reflect the cost to rebuild your building completely. This not only means the cost to rebuild the property itself, but additional costs such as removal of debris, architect & engineer fees and council fees. If you're unsure of how you can calculate this, a professional valuation may be of help to ensure you are insured for the correct amount.
What happens if I underinsure?
If you take out cover for Property, Business Interruption and Electronic Equipment, your sum insured must reflect new replacement value of the assets. If you do not insure for new replacement value, it means your assets may be underinsured, and in the event of a claim, the amount you are paid can be proportionally reduced in line with the amount you are underinsured.
Explore more FAQs
I’ve received my documents, and my business name is incorrect, what should I do?
Please contact our team immediately to have your business name corrected. Remember that your policy should be in your registered entity’s name, and not your trading name. All details such as ‘Pty Ltd’ as well as names of all owners/insureds must also be included. If these details are incorrect or incomplete, the claims process can become complicated, and a claim may even be denied.

I’m moving to another premises, what should I do?
If you're planning to move premises, you need to contact our team before you move to ensure enough time to update your address. If you move and don’t have your insurance updated, you could find yourself uninsured, because the policy will be insuring the nominated old address.

What does Contents include?
Contents includes all Items owned by you which are kept on your business premises, but do not form part of the building structure - imagine tipping your clinic building upside down - everything that would fall out PLUS any fixtures and fittings which belong to you are classified as 'contents'.

What is the difference between Property and General Property under your Business Insurance policy?
​The Property section allows you to insure assets that are located at the premises you conduct your business from, (the premises that is listed on your policy schedule) - ie the building contents and the building itself. General Property is intended for goods that you take away from your business premises, such as your laptop and mobile phone.

What is the difference between Property Section and Burglary Sections of the policy?
Assets and items insured under the Property Section are covered for insured events such as fire, storm, earthquake and lightning damage. If you’d also like these to be covered for theft from the premises, then you will need to select the Burglary option.

Can I take out Glass cover if I’m a tenant?
Yes, sometimes tenancy agreements may require you to take out insurance for the glass at the premises. In the event of a claim, you may be required to provide a copy of your lease agreement.

I already hold Public Liability Insurance under another policy. Do I need to select this cover under this policy too?
In some cases, buildings or other assets, could be owned under a different name, than the name you run your business through. For example some buildings may be owned under a family members name, a superannuation fund, or under a company name that isn't associated with your business. It’s important to be prudent when it comes to making sure your insurance is in order, and that includes making sure the assets you own are insured correctly. You should checking the ownership details of your building, and ensure they are noted correctly on your insurance. If the ownership of your building is different to the registered entity you run your business through, and this hasn’t been included under your existing Public Liability Insurance, then you may require a separate policy for your liability exposure.
Learn more about Business Insurance

Whether you are a mobile practitioner, contractor or run your own studio or practice, business insurance plays an important role in protecting your business and its assets. Health professionals might have varying needs, but the need to protect your business with the right cover applies to most businesses. Learn more about the different sections under Business Insurance, and how they can help protect your livelihood...

Find out more

Explore our products

Other professionals like you purchased these types of cover.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
This provides cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered injury or financial loss.1
Public Liability Insurance
Public Liability Insurance helps protect your business against liability for third-party personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities. For example, if a client or visitor was to slip and fall while on your business premises, you would look to this policy to cover the claim.

While these events may seem rare, if they do occur, the financial impacts can be very significant. As a Hospitality business, you likely have significant interaction with clients, therefore Public Liability is a crucial cover to consider for your business, whether that’s at your premises, or out in public.1
Business Insurance
Business Insurance is designed to protect your business and its assets (including equipment) against certain unexpected events. For example it can include cover for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. Cover is also available for damage to money (if you keep cash on premises), and portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops.1

A key part of this policy is Business Interruption, which can provide protection for lost revenue in the event your business is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril.

Business Insurance is made up of a number of cover sections, and you can choose the sections that relate to your business. Cover is also available for damage to money (if you keep cash on premises), portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops, and Public Liability.


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1800 805 191

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Any advice provided is general advice only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before making a decision to acquire this policy, you should obtain and consider all information made available, including the Product Disclosure Statement, Target Market Determination (where applicable) and policy terms and conditions, to determine whether it is appropriate for you, having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs.

Health Professionals Business Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17000 434 720 AFSL 241141 (Aon) under a binder agreement on behalf of the underwriter, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ZAIL) ABN 13 000 296 640 AFSL 232507. When acting under a binder we will be acting as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with the insurer are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request.

Please also note that the Occupational Therapy Australia Limited ABN 27 025 075 008 (OTA), act as a referrer of the above listed insurance/s to Aon. Where you purchase this insurance as a result of a referral from OTA to Aon, OTA will receive a fixed fee from Aon’s total remuneration. Please feel free to contact us for further information.

Please also note that the Australian Psychological Society Limited ABN 23 000 543 788 (APS) act as a referrer of the above listed insurance/s to Aon. Where you purchase this insurance as a result of a referral from APS to Aon, APS will receive a fixed fee from Aon’s total remuneration. Please feel free to contact us for further information.