Insurance options for members of APRA AMCOS

Why Aon?

At Aon, we understand your risks, that’s why we are an approved insurance partner for APRA AMCOS members and currently servicing over 15,000 in the Entertainment industry.

With our tailored, simple to buy and often member-discounted covers, you’ll be comprehensively insured for risks including injury caused to the public or if you are unable to work due to injury.

Plus, our competitively priced covers can be bought online in just 5 minutes. Find out more by clicking on the Performer-related insurance covers below.

We’ve got all the essentials covered

What is Public Liability & why do you need it?

Public Liability insurance is key to many of our insurance policies and is designed for people who interact with customers/members of the public. It protects against claims of personal injury or property damage to those third parties who claim to have suffered as a result of your work.

Put simply, if someone is injured or their property is damaged while you’re providing a service, they may take legal action against you to recover their losses. Public liability insurance would protect you so you wouldn’t have to pay any legal or court costs.

NB: Public liability covers claims by external parties, not by your own employees.

What Public Liability option best suits me?

Feel like you fall into a few of the categories above? 

Check the brief descriptions below to help choose which product you should learn more about and/or buy online:

  • Individual Performers Insurance – offers solo Public Liability cover for yourself as a singer or musician and extends to cover any tuition of these activities you offer to others.
  • Bands and Performing Groups Cover – will cover a group/band with up to 10 members whether they are a subcontractor or not, as long as they are working on your behalf.
  • Music and Singing Teachers Cover – covers you as an individual Music/Singing Teacher AND as a performer in these same activities whilst also covering any recitals you hold in conjunction with your teaching activities.
    This policy further covers Professional Indemnity which can be a contractual requirement for some schools and Personal Accident which provides weekly settlement payments for income derived from your tuition activities in the case of you being injured and therefore unable to work.

Need to make a claim?

If you become aware of a matter or issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us a.s.a.p. and provide all correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim to Aon’s Entertainment Team via: 1800 806 584,, or Aon at GPO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124

Got a question? Our dedicated Entertainment Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.
    * Prices vary based on the stamp duty of your state/territory.

Find the business insurance thats right for you