VAST and Aon

Insurance for members of VAST Fitness Academy

Get a quote Get a quote Or Call
Or Call 1800 805 191
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Special offer: 15 months for 121

Get 15 months cover for the price of 12 when you take out a new Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability policy through Aon.1

Why should VAST Fitness Academy members consider insurance?

Dumbbells, deadlifts and dream bodies – personal trainers enable some inspiring transformations. You see the hard work and grit your clients put in during your sessions to achieve their health goals. But just as there’s no magic potion or pill for weight loss or muscle tone, there’s also no magic formula to completely rid your business of the risk of mishaps.

Having insurance in place may help you and your business weather rough times if you find yourself with a messy allegation of negligence and the resulting financial strain.

Aon is the approved insurance broker for VAST Fitness Academy clients, and we arrange insurance for a range of different health professionals including personal trainers.

Don’t just insure, be sure

Business insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. As a broker and Personal Trainers insurance specialist, Aon helps you find a policy customised for the common risks of your industry so you’re more confident that you’ve found the right type of insurance for your business.

Why Aon for personal trainers’ insurance?

Don't just insure, be sure.

Right type of cover

  • Aon arranges insurance tailored to protect against common risks in the Personal Training sector
  • We help you to understand how your policy helps protect against the common risks of a Personal Trainer and VAST Fitness Academy client
  • Competitive premiums thanks to Aon’s scale and influence

Specialist support

  • A team of experienced Personal Trainers insurance specialists to help you at every step
  • We help you make claims and provide Claims Support
  • Australian-based teams

Easy to manage

  • Quotes online or over the phone on 1800 805 191 - clients have the option to take out premium funding loans to pay monthly. Fees and charges will apply
  • Adjust your policy any time. Terms and conditions may apply
  • Easy renewal management
  • Online requests for certificates of insurance.

Rely on Aon’s industry expertise in VAST Member insurance

Business insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. At Aon, we want to help you feel confident you’ve made a smart decision for your business insurance needs.

As SME specialists for Personal Trainers insurance, we understand the risks that businesses like yours face and how to insure against them. We know insurance policies and understand that the detail of your policy wording is critical to providing the type of cover your small business should consider. That’s why we help you by arranging policies customised for the common risks of your industry.

Our team of Australian-based SME insurance experts are here to support you and your business every step of the way. We’ll give you access to the relevant information required to help you understand the cover options available to you to help you feel more informed about your choice of insurance.

What insurance do Personal Trainers commonly obtain?

Professional Indemnity
(includes Public & Product Liability)
This helps provide cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered injury or financial loss. For example, a client may allege that your training caused them chronic pain and take legal action against you. Professional Indemnity Insurance may help cover the cost of legal representation, as well as compensation you’re required to pay as a result of the claim.2
Public Liability
(included in our Professional Indemnity package)
Cover for Public Liability is included as part of the Professional Indemnity policy.

Public Liability Insurance helps protect your business against liability for third party personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities. For example, if a client or visitor was to slip and fall while on your business premises, you would look to this policy to help cover the claim.

While these events may seem rare, if they do occur, the financial impacts can be very significant. As a Personal Trainer, your profession involves significant interaction with clients, therefore Public Liability is a crucial cover to consider for your business, whether that’s at your office, out in public, or at your clients’ homes.2
Product Liability
(included in the Professional Indemnity package)
Cover for Product Liability is included as part of the Professional Indemnity policy.

Product Liability Insurance helps protect your business against financial liability for third party injury or property damage caused by products sold or supplied through your business.

Public and Products Liability policies can help cover legal defence and court costs, assisting your business with the financial setbacks of defending a claim.2
Business Insurance
Business Insurance is designed to help protect your business and its assets (including equipment) against certain unexpected events. For example, it can include cover for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events.2

A key part of this policy is Business Interruption, which can help provide protection for lost revenue in the event your business is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril.

Business Insurance is made up of a number of cover sections, and you can choose the sections that relate to your business. Cover is also available for damage to or loss of money (if you keep cash on premises), portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops, and Public Liability.2
Cyber Insurance
Cyber Insurance helps protect you against loss from certain cyber related threats, such as unauthorised access to your computer system or network resulting in loss or theft of data.

As a Personal Trainer, you may store valuable client data (such as personal details and bank account details). When this type of personal information is kept digitally in your care, custody or control, it is important to consider the risks of data and security breaches. Cyber Insurance may be worth considering to help protect your business against these risks.2

Cyber Insurance has now become one of the essential products a business in the health industry should consider.

Cover Benefits of Personal Trainers Professional Indemnity Insurance

2 hours complimentary legal advice
You could save hundreds of dollars on outside legal costs with 2 hours of complimentary legal advice on risks insured under this policy. Legal advice relating to your policy is not included.2
Flexible Professional Indemnity cover limits
Choose a level of Professional Indemnity cover that suits you: $1 million, $2 million, $5 million, $10 million or $20 million.2
No excess
No excess for certain claims against the Professional Indemnity or Product Liability section.2
Public and Products Liability cover
$20 million combined Public and Products Liability limit per claim and $60 million in the aggregate.2
Unlimited retroactive date
You may be covered for claims relating to events connected with your business that happened before you purchased cover, as long as you weren’t aware of a claim or facts or circumstances which could give rise to a claim, before you purchased the policy.2
Subject to eligibility criteria and must be stated in the Schedule.
Run-off cover
You can be subject to claims for professional wrongdoing even after you retire or sell your business. Run-off cover extends your insurance policy for up to 7 years after you retire or your business ceases, to help respond to claims arising from events which arose while the business was operating.2


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions by Personal Trainers.
What level of complimentary legal advice do I receive?

A total of 2 hours of complimentary legal advice is offered if you hold the Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy. You can speak to a consultant on the Legal Helpline for up to a total of 2 hours in each policy year, per policy, for legal advice on risks insured under this Policy. Legal advice relating to your policy is not included.2

The Legal Helpline is entirely confidential, and you'll be supported by a network of lawyers who work independently of Aon. This conversation will not impact the future cost of your insurance premium.
Why should Personal Trainers consider Public & Products Liability insurance?

You know there are things in life that are out of your control, like accidents. There could be a loose nail, and someone could snag themselves on it, setting into motion any number of events that could lead you to being sued. You could be held liable if someone is injured or their property is damaged on your premises or because of your business dealings.

Public & Products Liability insurance helps provide cover for legal liability if a client or member of the public makes a claim that they were injured, or damage was caused to their property because of your business dealings or while on your premises2.
Am I covered if I conduct home visits with clients?
If you conduct home visits to provide your service, the Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy may extend to those visits.2 We recommend contacting your broker to confirm your coverage.
Explore more FAQs
Why should I consider run-off cover?
You can be subject to claims for professional wrongdoing even after you retire or sell your business. Run-off cover extends your insurance policy for up to 7 years after your business ceases, to respond to claims which arose while the business was operating.2
When will I receive my certificate of currency?
When you purchase your Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers, the timeline may vary.3
How do I make a claim?
​You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time. That's why we are on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 805 191 during AET business hours or email
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.
Should your business circumstances have changed, for example, you have moved into a new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore, then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 805 191 or
How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer and schedule will be sent to you via your elected email address approximately 30 days before your renewal date. It is important at this stage to review the details of the insurer’s offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice.
Thank you for considering Aon to arrange the renewal of your policy. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.
What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies. At Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please request your Certificate of Currency here or alternatively contact us on 1800 805 191 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.
What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. AET Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.
Can I pay for my policy monthly?
Yes, you can, monthly payments can be arranged through a premium funding agreement with Hunter Premium Funding4 to help you spread the costs of your insurance across the year. Please note that the total overall cost is higher if you pay monthly. Contact us on 1800 805 191 or by email on

Self Service – Certificate of Currency

Click here to request a Certificate of Currency for your Health Combined Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability policy.*


Get in touch with our specialists

Call 1800 805 191

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 
*The self-service Certificate of Currency request form is available for insureds who have a current and paid Combined Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability policy.

1 Offer available to new customers who purchase the Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy and who do not currently have a Professional Indemnity or Public Liability policy arranged by Aon. Aon reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.

2 Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

3 We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox. If you're arranging the policy via one of our Brokers the timeline may vary, however it is likely to be a minimum of 24 hours.

4 Hunter Premium Funding is a third party independent of Aon, however Aon will receive a commission if you pay for your policy through a premium funding agreement with them.
© 2020 Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL no. 241141 (Aon)
Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Insurance is arranged by Aon on behalf of the underwriter, Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.

The information contained on this website is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. Before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please consider your personal circumstances, as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (if applicable) and full policy terms and conditions available from Aon on request. All representations on this website in relation to the insurance products we arrange are subject to the full terms and conditions of the relevant policy. Please contact us if you have any queries.