DEA and Aon

Insurance for members of Disability Employment Australia (DEA)

Get a quote 1800 123 266 Get a quote
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Why do DEA members need insurance?

At Aon, we support the uptake of meaningful employment opportunities for people with a disability and recognise the organisational risks that members of Disability Employment Australia (DEA) face. We can arrange risk solutions for members of DEA that are designed taking into consideration these risks commonly faced by these businesses in their day-to-day activities.

Rick Kane - CEO Disability Employment Australia.

Endorsed by DEA

"We are thrilled to announce Aon Australia as a Sponsorship Partner - a strong supporter who will seek to deliver better services and achieve more employment outcomes for people with disability. DEA sees its relationship with Aon as a way of strengthening our providers."

Why choose Aon for DEA member insurance?

We recognise that DEA plays an important role in the Australian community and economy. That’s why we have a dedicated team with over 30 years’ combined experience specialising in the disability employment sector, helping organisations like DEA with their insurance. For all the evolving complex risks outside the normal insurance landscape (for e.g. Cyber, Workplace Health and Safety, and Talent) we also have teams delivering specialist solutions. We are committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly why. So you can have confidence you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What Insurance do DEA members need?

Public and Products Liability
This includes cover for your legal liability if third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation's activities. We can help ensure that you, your employees and your volunteers are protected in the event of a claim.1
Insurance to help protect employees whilst travelling directly between the bounds of their place of residence and place of employment, for the purposes of starting or ending their day’s work.1
Protector Association Liability
Cover for your organisation’s directors and office bearers against legal liability for actions arising from their duties. It can also protect your organisation against alleged wrongful acts, and extends to employment practices liability and fidelity.1
Voluntary and Participant Personal Accident
This includes cover for your volunteers if they suffer an injury whilst they’re working for you. The Volunteer Worker’s Personal Accident cover arranged through Aon can cover the financial compensation you’re required to pay for the volunteer to recover.1

Age shouldn’t be an obstacle to volunteering or your insurance, so we may be able to offer a policy with no age limit.1
Property and Crime
This includes cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can help ensure they’re covered too – simply give our team a call to discuss your options.1
Business Interruption
Business Interruption includes cover for lost revenue if your organisation is unable to operate due to damage to your property as a result of an insured event. This cover is available as part of a Property policy and cannot be taken out as a standalone policy.1
Motor Vehicles - Owned and Non-owned
Owned Motor Vehicles: Comprehensive motor cover protects your organisation's (including leased) vehicles.
Non-Owned Motor Vehicles: This covers loss of excess, no claim bonus and hire costs for vehicles not owned by your organisation (such as those owned by volunteers) while being used on behalf of the organisation.1
Not-for-Profit Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance helps protect NFP organisations from Internet- based risks, and more generally risks relating to IT infrastructure and activities. Cyber risk is an exposure that no modern business can escape, and the financial impact of system interruption, privacy and cybercrime events are now felt within all industries.

As a Not-for-profit, you may store a lot of personal information on your systems. With the recent rise in cyber hacks and attacks, and the fact that standard insurance policies such as Public Liability and Professional Indemnity may not protect you in the event of one, if your organisation did fall victim to a cyber attack, the financial implications could be very significant.1

In response, Aon has worked with our cyber risk experts to develop a competitively priced insurance cover that helps protects your Not- for-profit.
Business Travel
Business travel can cover the risk of employees who are travelling both overseas and interstate on business that become sick, suffer a serious injury or find themselves in a potentially dangerous situation. The Policy can also cover cancelled flights and expenses such as hotel costs as a result.1

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by DEA members.
What is required to renew my policy?
Aon’s Not for Profit Team will contact you prior to expiry of your policy to discuss renewal. Aon recognises filling out forms is a chore, so we have simplified the renewal process where many organisations may be able to take advantage of not having to complete proposal forms again in order to renew the policy.
What else can Aon offer to DEA members?
Aon are happy to have a discussion regarding any of DEA member’s insurance needs. We can carry out a review of existing cover, advise if policies are appropriate or what other covers should be considered. Give our NFP team a call on 1800 123 266 to discuss with one of our experts.
Can these policies also cover for-profit DEA members?
Yes, the NFP team are also able to arrange insurance for DEA members who are for-profit, so these policies are not only relevant for NFPs' requirements. 
Explore more FAQs
I need to make a claim, what do I do?
If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.

Where does the cover Aon arranges extend to in Australia?
Aon’s Not-For-Profit team provides broking services to DEA members throughout the whole of Australia, with our coverage extending to all states and territories across the country. So, regardless of where you live or operate from in Australia, you can get covered through Aon.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Email us

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium, Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request.