Communiteer and Aon

Insurance solutions for Communiteer members

Start Puzzle Helper 1800 123 266 Start Puzzle Helper
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Why do Communiteer members need insurance?

As a Not-For-Profit, you and your volunteers play an important role in the functioning of our community. Regardless of the type of organisation you run, your work helps to create stronger, safer and more connected communities, adding immeasurable value to society.

By working closely together, and leveraging our longstanding relationship with insurers, we’ve developed an understanding of the risks not-for-profits face and helped design cover that caters to these risks.

Why Aon for Communiteer member?

When it comes to insurance for your not-for-profit organisation, there are a number of options available to you, and you may or may not need more than one. We understand it can be confusing, and there are a lot of pieces to put together. So as part of our commitment to making insurance easy to understand, buy and manage, we’ve developed the NFP Insurance Puzzle Helper to help you identify what insurance you may need, what you may not need need, and most importantly, why.

What Insurances might NFPs and Volunteering Organisations need?

Motor Vehicles - Owned and Non-owned
Owned Motor Vehicles
Comprehensive motor cover helps protect your organisation's (including leased) vehicles. 

Non-Owned Motor Vehicles
This covers loss of excess, no claim bonus and hire costs for vehicles not owned by your organisation (such as those owned by volunteers) while being used on behalf of the organisation.1​


Property and Crime
This includes cover for loss, theft or damage to items that generally don’t leave your premises. However, if some items do need to leave the premises, we can help ensure they’re covered too – simply give our team a call to discuss your options.1
Protector Association Liability Insurance
Cover for your organisation’s directors, officers and bearers against legal obligation for actions arising from their duties. It also helps protect your organisation against alleged wrongful acts, and extends to cover your employment practices liability and any fidelity loss you may suffer during the period of insurance.1
Public and Products Liability
This includes cover for your legal liability if third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your organisation's activities. We can help ensure that you, your employees and your volunteers are protected in the event of a claim against you arising out of any occurrence during your period of insurance which results in the third party’s injury or property damage.
Voluntary Workers Personal Accident
This includes cover for your volunteers if they suffer an injury whilst they’re working for you. The Volunteer Worker’s Personal Accident cover arranged through Aon covers the volunteer’s lost income as a result of their Injury which you’re required to pay while the volunteer recovers, as well as lump sum benefits if the volunteer is permanently and seriously injured.  

Age shouldn’t be an obstacle to volunteering or your insurance, so we arrange a policy with no age limit. Your volunteers will be covered no matter how old.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by Not-for-Profits.
What is required to renew my policy?
Aon’s Not for Profit Team will contact you prior to expiry of your policy to discuss renewal. Aon recognises filling out forms is a chore, so we have simplified the renewal process to make renewing your policy more streamlined.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim or become aware of a circumstance that may be (or could give rise to) a claim, you must notify us as soon as reasonably possible and provide all relevant correspondence and documentation. You can notify a claim or circumstance by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124. 
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers your new business activities then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.
What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

Ways to get in touch

Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Email us

1Subject to full terms, conditions, exclusions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2 Hunter Premium Funding is a third party independent of Aon, however Aon will receive a commission if you pay for your policy through a premium funding agreement with them.

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with the insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase any of these insurances, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request.