Canon Camera Equipment Insurance

Insurance for Canon Camera Equipment holders

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri 8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Why do Canon Camera Equipment holders need insurance?

Did you know that most camera equipment isn’t covered under a standard home and contents policy? The Canon Camera Equipment Insurance arranged by Aon covers your camera, lenses and some related equipment.

Whether an opportunistic thief steals your camera from a shoot in Europe or your camera lens gets damaged in the Canadian Rockies, having protection from insurance arranged by Aon can help you focus on taking those extraordinary photographs.

Why Aon?

Canon Camera Equipment Insurance. Easy.

Easy to Understand

  • Easy to digest information about what insurances your business need and why online
  • Or call one of our experienced friendly brokers on 1800 806 584

Easy to Buy

  • Quick quotes available online
  • Purchase in just a few clicks
  • Options available to pay monthly

Easy to Manage

  • Adjust your policy anytime you require and manage your renewals with a quick call
  • Request certificates of insurance quickly and easily
  • Aon can assist you in filing complex claims

Why choose Aon for Canon Camera Equipment insurance?

When it comes to insurance for Photographers, there are a few options available to you, and deciding which ones you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

Canon Camera Equipment Cover Options

Choose your level of cover

Select the level of cover you require. *Please note quoted prices apply only when purchasing online.
Prices start from $104.50*
Prices start from $134.20*
Prices start from $173.80*
Prices start from $213.40*

Cover benefits through Aon:

Automatic worldwide equipment cover
You can take your camera equipment with you around the globe and have the assurance that should it be stolen or damaged, our cover will be there to protect you.1

Emergency hire costs for up to 35% of sum insured of the damaged item
If you have damaged your camera but desperately need to take pictures, we can arrange cover for up to 35% of your sum insured to hire another camera so you do not miss those memories (claims in Australia only).1

New for old equipment replacement at the time of a claim
The cover we arrange is also 100% new for old replacement, so you can be confident you are replacing your camera with the equivalent version (subject to availability) if it’s lost, stolen or can't be repaired.1

What other insurance policies do I need?

When it comes to deciding which insurance you need to take out, there are a wide range of options available to you, and deciding which ones you need isn’t easy. Your broker can help you understand each policy’s coverage and their terms and conditions so you can make a decision based on what’s right for you.

Please contact Aon on 1800 806 584 to discuss covers that may be right for you.


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by clients.
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim, you will need to read How to lodge a claim to identify what the correct process is depending on the nature of your claim. Once you have confirmed the correct process for your claim, you can fill in the Canon Camera Equipment Insurance claim form, available here and send to If you have any questions about making a claim, call us on 1800 806 584.
Will this Canon Policy provide cover for camera equipment that is not produced by Canon?
This policy can cover all brands of camera bodies and lenses EXCEPT drones, Go- pros, accessories and any items that cannot be replaced with a Canon branded product.
Do professional photographers need public liability insurance?
Public Liability is an important cover for any business that interacts with members of the public. A client or a member of the public could walk onto a shoot or into your studio and trip, slip, or fall on a piece of your equipment, causing themselves bodily injury and/or damage to their property. 
Public Liability insurance includes cover for legal liabilities if a member of the public makes a claim that they were injured, or damage was caused to their property because of your business dealings or on your premises.
Am I able to cover equipment that I hire temporarily?
Yes, upon prior notice, we may be able to add hired equipment onto your policy for an additional premium.
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

Is camera equipment covered whilst in use under water? 
Underwater use of camera equipment where oxygen tanks are not required, will be covered as long as the appropriate housing/casing is in place. 
Please note, recreational use of underwater equipment and/or use of oxygen tanks will not be covered under your policy.

When will I receive my certificate of currency?
When you purchase your Canon Camera Equipment insurance online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers, you will receive your certificate within 24 hours.2

How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584 during business hours.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have moved into new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date you will receive a renewal email including your tax invoice and schedule from Aon. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice. Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Canon Camera Equipment Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox.