Professional indemnity insurance helps to protect your business and prevent financial loss
If you don’t provide the correct professional advice or treatment to a client and they are negatively impacted, there is a chance that they will take legal action against you. It’s an unfortunate reality that just one small mistake, error of judgement, injury or perceived piece of bad advice can lead to a claim against your business or against you personally – and potentially cost you both professionally and financially.
Professional indemnity insurance can act as a safety net to provide protection from the costs associated with any claims (including legal costs and any damages awarded).
Aon provides high quality cover, competitive prices and access to 2 hours of complimentary legal advice relating to your psychological practice, so you can quickly deal with any allegations.
Aon’s insurance satisfies the requirements of the Psychology Board of Australia provides you with the peace of mind that you need to run your practice with confidence.
- Flexible professional indemnity cover and $20m public and products liability automatically included
- Competitive pricing and no excess when making a claim
- Unlimited retroactive date - Our policy covers you for incidents that occurred before you were insured with us – but only for unknown circumstances
- Cover after you leave the profession - if you retire or leave the profession, our policy will still cover you for claims relating to incidents that occurred when you were working.
- 2 hours of complimentary legal advice – so you can quickly deal with any allegations and meet your legal obligation to respond.
- Rebate for counselling – making a claim can be stressful so up to $5,000 can be rebated for counselling*
- Right of Reply - for unfair findings where there is strong probability of a decision overturn, the policy provides financial assistance to cover part of the costs of senior counsel to appeal the decision up to $50,000*
- Cyber cover - Automatic cyber cover up to $100,000 is included which includes cover for cyber extortion, privacy fines, breaches, multimedia liability and virus and hacking*
*Conditions apply, refer to the full policy terms and conditions.
Get a quote