Insurance for Cinematographers, camera operators and outside broadcasters

Why Aon?

Working as a freelance cinema professional, whether filming on council property or private premises, you'll likely need to show proof of insurance cover.

At Aon, we have over 15 years experience working with clients in cinema, film and tv, so we’re confidently knowledgeable about cinematographer, camera operator and outside broadcaster risks and have designed a policy exclusively for your profession. 

What's more, as we know getting the right price for your insurance is key, we've negotiated strongly with insurers and continue to ensure our products are competitive and comprehensive. These risks include; public liability, products liability and equipment damage.

If you are producing your own content or earning less than $250k per annum, you’re likely more suited to our Film & TV insurance, which you can also conveniently quote and buy online.

We've got all the essentials covered

Who can we cover with our cinematographer policy?

Our Cinematographer insurance package has been developed specifically for the needs of those working as cinematographers, outside broadcasters and camera operators, who produce their own content and earn over $250k per year. 

If you work in a similar profession, but don’t meet these criteria, you might be better suited to our comprehensive Film & TV insurance, alternatively feel free to give our dedicated Entertainment team a call on 1800 806 584 to identify our best insurance covers for your needs.

Public Liability insurance

Public Liability insurance covers claims from a third party regarding property damage and/or bodily injury that’s occurred as a result of your filming activities. As every claim is different, call us on 1800 806 584 if you require more information or would like to hear some claims examples.

Australia & New Zealand coverage (worldwide upon request)

Our cinematographer policy covers your filming activities in Australia and New Zealand and can be extended to worldwide upon request – so you can have peace of mind that if you need to travel for work, you’re covered.

Optional: Aon Equipment Insurance Policy

Your professional camera equipment is important to your livelihood, so that’s why we’ve tailored a policy for it. Offering worldwide cover, it ensures your equipment is protected for accidental damage, loss & theft whilst it’s in use, transit or storage.

Quote & Buy Online

Got a question? Our dedicated Entertainment Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.

Find the business insurance thats right for you