Professional Indemnity Insurance for Real Estate

Houses are not the only thing you should invest in...

With over 40 years experience supporting Real Estate professionals you can confidently work with Aon knowing you get the right cover to suit your agency needs. Designed specifically for Real Estate Agents and approved by the Real Estate Institute of Australia, our Professional Indemnity insurance helps to keep your business safe in the event of a claim.

Our policy selections satisfy the legislative requirements to practice in each state, and meet the registration requirements of leading Real Estate associations.

If your agency is based in Queensland, please visit our REIQ page.

What is professional indemnity insurance?

Professional indemnity insurance is designed for professionals who provide advice or services to their customers. It protects your business against legal costs and claims by third parties for damages arising from acts, omissions or breaches of professional duty in the course of your business.

In real terms, this means that if you do something (or neglect to do something) in the course of your work, and a customer suffers injury or financial loss as a result, they may take legal action against you. With the right policy, you can defend your business against the claim and prevent financial loss.

Do I need Professional Indemnity Insurance?

In recent years, the risk of legal action has increased for Real Estate Agents - from slip and fall incidents to misleading advice. All individuals are recommended to have Professional Indemnity insurance. This is in place to guard you against a range of risks including claims of misconduct and patient injury. Our professional indemnity insurance provides accessible legal advice so you can quickly deal with allegations and meet your legal obligation to respond.

We help cover all the essentials:

Price and quote

Get a quick quote now using the Buy Online facility with no obligation to buy.

Professional indemnity

  • Options of Cyber Liability, Data Protection and Privacy Cover 
  • Employment Practices Liability Cover
  • Deductible Waiver (opportunity for Nil Property Management Excess * Subject to terms and conditions) 
  • Fidelity Cover
  • Multiple Reinstatements (subject to location) 
  • Free Run off cover (up to 84 months* subject to no claims nor notified circumstances) this is cover for after you’ve retired or sold your business and a claim is made relating to incidents that occurred when you were working. 

Legal advice

There is a legal advice and claims support available to clients under this Professional Indemnity Facility, however is dependent on office location within Australia.

We can also offer:

  • Landlord insurance to help ensure the landlord is protected from risks caused by tenants, where standard building and home policies don’t provide cover. 
  • Renters Insurance to help cover belongings from damage caused from fire, theft and storm.
  • Business Contents insurance Comprehensive office insurance designed to cover damage to property, including contents, clothing and personal effects, business interruption, theft, money, glass, increased cost of working and products liability.

Making a claim

  • (All states excluding QLD. For QLD please click here). * Free Run-Off cover is available for up to 84 months (7 years) after being insured with Aon/XL Catlin for 2 consecutive years prior to you selling/ceasing to operate.  This is subject to policy terms and conditions

Cyber Liability Insurance

Aon also offer Cyber Liability Insurance to protect your business.

Find Out More

Find the business insurance thats right for you