Association Liability insurance

 Why Aon’s Protector/Association Liability insurance?

When thinking about insurance for your NFP it is normal to consider the liability of the organisation. But what about as an individual undertaking a vital role such as an Officer, Director or Committee Member (both paid or voluntary), who make operational decisions day in, day out. There are rafts of risks you may face that you may not have considered, that frequently affect NFP’s every day and involve large financial impacts on both the NFP and the individuals and for that reason you need Protector/Association Liability Insurance.
The stats that all NFP officers, directors & committee members should consider before discounting the need for protector/associations liability cover.
                       Association Liability Graphic 2018
As the preferred insurance broker of many leading professional associations in Australia, we have over 30 years experience in helping put the right cover in place. Plus, with our negotiating power, we make sure you're protected with competitive premiums, no matter how unique your situation.
Our Association Liability product, specifically developed for professional associations in the event that you're challenged with an alleged wrongdoing, covers 6 insurance products including:
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Management Liability
  • Association Liability
  • Employment Practices Liability
  • Employee Fraud and Dishonesty
  • Superannuation Trustees Liability

We cover all the essentials:

What does Aon’s Protector/Association Liability cover you for?

  • Professional Indemnity – covers your association/organisation for giving advice i.e. counselling, respite/healthcare, education, installation advice on home modification & maintenance, advice on upcoming regulations etc.
  • Management Liability – covers each association/organisation Manager and Officer from alleged loss resulting from a claim made specifically against them, for example, a negligent act, misstatement or breach of duty they may have made.
  • Association Liability – covers alleged loss from an alleged claim made or commenced against the association as a whole.
  • Employment Practices Liability – comprehensive cover for losses caused by an employment-related claim, for example, alleged wrong/unfair dismissal, discrimination or harassment complaints.
  • Employee Fraud or Dishonesty – $100,000 fidelity cover for direct financial loss caused to the association due to a fraudulent or dishonest act by an employee, for example, theft of contributions or member fees.
  • Superannuation Trustees Liability – covers any loss when whilst acting as a superannuation fund trustee, you make an error or omission.

Other Policy Highlights:

  • Tailored insurance wordings – specific to NFPs
  • Separate limits of liability – for each section
  • Dedicated teams for service & claims – 
    • Service Team: Talk with friendly and knowledgeable insurance experts – we have a dedicated team working exclusively in your interests.
    • Claims Team: We ensure you secure the maximum value in the event of a claim.
  • Legal advice – access 2 hours free legal advice on association-relevant matters from industry experts through Aon.
  • Automatic reinstatement – If a claim amounts to your cover maximum, we’ll automatically reinstate your cover value.
  • Association retirement cover – If your association ceases to operate, we make sure you’re covered free of charge, for 7 years into the future, provied that your policy has not been cancelled and Aon still offer our Protector/Association insurance product.
  • No Excess – With Aon, you’ll pay no excess for certain professional indemnity, directors insurance and employment-related dispute claims.

Need to make a Claim?

If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us a.s.a.p and provide all relevant documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing us, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.

Are you a NFP needing other insurance covers?

As a Not-for-Profit organisation you are exposed to several risks and therefore likely needing to apply for insurance covers besides association liability, for example public liability, volunteer personal accident and property insurance.  
To find out what other covers your organisation requires and apply for them online, try Aon's own NFP Insurance Puzzle Solver today.

Aon are also able to cover you for office contents and business travel insurance should these be needed by your organisation, contact our friendly team for more information.

Insurance for Australia

Aon’s Association Liability insurance provides cover to not-for-profit associations across the whole of Australia including NSW, WA, NT, QLD, SA, VIC, ACT and TAS. So, regardless of where you operate from in Australia, you can be covered with Aon.

    Got a question? Our dedicated NFP Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm AEST.

Find the business insurance thats right for you