Insurance for Tour Operators & Tour Guides

Why Aon?

Tourism operators and tour guide businesses in Australia, will face a number of risks but Aon’s dedicated Leisure team are here to help.

As your business relies on a customer’s experience, usually in a public place, there’s a high chance of personal injury and property damage to a third party and thereby a need for Public Liability cover. Also important to consider, is protecting your tour-related business against errors and omissions as situations like unexpected delays of attendees due to travel bookings or  poor weather causing activity reschedule are common.

Apply Online or contact the Leisure team for personalised service to help you save time, money and worry.

We cover all the essentials

Can Aon cover me?

We cover tour guides and operators in Australia, who offer various kinds of tours worldwide, including but not limited to the below:

  • Sightseeing (Australia and abroad)
  • Bike riding
  • Food & Wine Tours
  • Adventure Tours

Public and Products Liability & Professional Indemnity

Public and Product Liability
We offer various levels of cover, from $10million to $50million for when third parties suffer an injury or property damage as a result of your business’ activities. We can help to ensure that you and your employees are protected with the following benefits in the event of a relevant claim:

  1. Full participation cover included
  2. Third party property owners included
  3. Member to member included
  4. Wrongful molestation accusation included

Professional Indemnity
$1m cover automatically included at no extra cost to help protect you against legal costs and claims for monetary damages to third parties that arose from a breach of your professional duty in the course of your business.

Building, contents, plant and equipment

We can assist you in protecting your business’ assets, for example, whether you require cover for the space used to store your kayaks, or the bikes your clients use on your tours, we have a solution for you. Our comprehensive property policy can protect against damage to equipment, theft, fire and flood.

Business interruption

If your property or contents are seriously damaged and as a result, you are not able to continue operating your business, business interruption cover can protect you against the ongoing payments your business needs to make (such a council rates and mortgage repayments).

Should there be a loss of revenue and/or an increase in the cost of working because of an interruption to your business (i.e. damage to the insured property) your income will also be protected through this policy giving you peace of mind.

Optional extras

Fidelity cover
We can also protect financial loss as a result of any employee act or acts of fraud or dishonesty.

General property
Cover for fire, perils, theft, malicious damage, flood and unspecified damage to your nominated items anywhere in Australia.

Need to make a claim?

To quickly and easily lodge a claim under this policy, either call us on 1800 810 282 during business hours or email

Insurance for Australia

Aon’s Tour Operator and Tour Guide insurance provides cover to Australian based businesses who operate  across Australia including NSW, WA, NT, QLD, SA, VIC, ACT, TAS and/or overseas. So, regardless of where your tourism business operates from in Australia, you can be covered with Aon.

Got a question? Our dedicated Leisure Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.

Find the business insurance thats right for you