Insurance for Photographers

Get a quote and buy online now

Why do professional photographers need equipment insurance?

Like most photographers, you probably own multiple cameras, a variety of lenses, lighting equipment, computers and hard drives as well as a drone or two. If something happens to a piece of your equipment – such as a damaged lens or stolen camera – you could be up for a sizeable sum of money to fix or replace it. 

The photographers equipment insurance we arrange incudes worldwide cover if your equipment is accidentally lost, stolen or damaged.

Photography insurance packages

Cover your business with one of these package options:

Package A: Equipment cover1

  • Protects your portable equipment from theft and damage while in and away from your office or studio 
  • Worldwide coverage
  • Choose the limit of cover you require

Package B: Equipment and Public Liability cover1

  • Includes Package A  plus Public Liability Cover1
  • Cover for your legal liability for  third party property damage and/or bodily injury arising from your business activities
  • Public Liability - Limit of Liability $20M

Package C: Equipment, Public Liability and Studio cover1

  • Includes Package B plus Studio cover1
  • Also covers the non-portable contents of your office / studio
  • Provides cover for your legal liability for third party injury and property damage extending to studio-related risk
  • Fire / Storm / Accidental Damage and optional theft cover for studio property
  • Choose the limits of cover you require

Contact our Entertainment Team on 1800 806 584 if you require cover for Money, Glass Breakage, Business Interruption or Errors & Omission.

Customers also purchased:

Personal Accident Insurance

Quick Links:

Get in touch

Cover benefits of professional photographer insurance:

Public and Products Liability cover
Public Liability $20,000,000 any one occurrence.

Products Liability $20,000,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate any one period of insurance.

Goods in your Care, Custody or Control $250,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate1
Optional Drone Cover
Cover can be included within your sum-insured for no extra cost by selecting the option online.1 & 5
Photo & Film Shoot Cover
Following an insured loss to your equipment which results in the loss of photos or film you took for your client that now must be re-taken, you may be covered for costs up to $20,000 in the aggregate.1
Repair or Replacement1
If your photography equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen, you may  be offered repair or replacement of the damaged equipment.1 Subject to eligibility criteria.
Worldwide Cover for Equipment
Cover for your equipment anywhere in the world1
Worldwide Cover for Liability
Covers you anywhere in the world excluding North America

Helping professional photographers in 3 simple ways

Frequently Asked Questions

Do professional photographers need public liability insurance?

Yes. A member of the public could walk onto a shoot or into your studio and trip, slip, or fall on a piece of your equipment, causing themselves bodily injury and/or damage to their property.

The photographers public liability insurance we arrange provides cover for your legal liability for property damage and/or bodily injury to a third party which happens during the period of insurance and is caused by an occurrence in connection with your actions or your business activities.1  

Do professional photographers need studio insurance?

Yes, if you have a home studio your domestic policy in most cases won’t extend to cover your studio.  You may also need studio insurance if you have a separate commercial studio and it is not currently insured. There are plenty of risks associated with owning a studio, from fire and property damage, through to broken windows.

Photographers studio insurance can provide cover for damage caused by accidental damage (including fire, storm, water damage) to your property. It can also cover theft of insured money, external or internal glass breakage, and if your business is interrupted or interfered with as a result of damage.1

How much is professional photographers insurance?

The cover we arrange is competitive and designed to meet the needs of photographers. Pricing is based on your choice of cover and the limits you select. 3

Am I able to cover equipment that I hire temporarily?

Yes, upon prior notice, we may be able to add hired equipment onto your policy for an additional premium.

Is camera equipment covered whilst in use underwater?

Underwater use of camera equipment where oxygen tanks are not required, will be covered as long as the appropriate housing/casing is in place.

Please note, recreational use of underwater equipment and/or use of oxygen tanks will not be covered under your policy.

  1. Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.
  2. We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox.
  3. Pricing takes into account eligibility/referral/underwriting questions and package of cover selected. Excluding optional extensions. Government charges will differ from state to state and can affect the premium payable.
  4. Cover is not automatically provided in respect of activities in North America and their territories.
  5. We can include cover for drones as part of our photographer’s insurance policies for equipment and public liability. We can cover drones up to 5kgs and up to $5,000 in value.

    Under the equipment insurance, cover is provided for your drones for damage and theft everywhere in the world, even when in use. The drone cover included as an extension to the Public Liability policy can provide cover should you injure someone or damage third-party property whilst operating the drone.

    Drone claims will attract an excess of $1,000. There are also some conditions applied to ensure you are complying with CASA regulations which we will include in our documentation to you when you apply for the extension.

© Aon Risk Services Australia Limited 2019 ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 (Aon)

Insurance Package for Photographers is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, AAI Limited t/a Vero Insurance, ABN 48 005 297 807, AFSL 230859. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request. 

The information contained on this website is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. Before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please consider your personal circumstances, as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (if applicable) and full policy terms and conditions available from Aon on request. All representations on this website in relation to the insurance products we arrange are subject to the full terms and conditions of the relevant policy. Please contact us if you have any queries.

Find the business insurance thats right for you