Liability Insurance for Film & TV Professionals

Why Aon?

As a member of Australia’s Film & TV Industry you’ll spend a lot of time interacting with customers or the public, and therefore, are at risk of someone being injured or something being damaged as part of your work.

Our expert Entertainment team who understand your industry and its risks have developed a Public Liability product to suit your needs. Whether working on a short commercial, music video, corporate video our policy can cover you. It can be bought online in 5 minutes and through our negotiations with insurers, is very affordably priced. Should you work on larger productions like TV Series' or full-length feature movies, or earn more than $250k per year, you are best suited to apply for our Cinematographer insurance.

Although the chances of a claim are small, they do happen, so ensure your stress and expenses are minimised by having Aon on your side and instead, continue concentrating on your passion.

We’ve got all the essentials covered

Who can we cover with our Film and TV policy?

With our Film and TV policy we are able to service the following professionals; Cameramen, Cinematographers, Outside Broadcasters, Directors, Assistant Directors, Directors of Lighting, Directors of Sound, Film Production, Producers.

If your work is similar to these professions, but not listed, we may still be able to cover you – just give our team a call.

What does our policy cover and why do you need Public Liability?

Aon’s policy covers
Our Public Liability for Film & TV Professionals has been designed for those who interact with customers/members of the public. The policy covers claims made against you due to your negligence in regards to property damage and/or personal injury caused to a third party.  The policy covers you worldwide, excluding North America.

Specifically this insurance includes;

$20,000,000 Public Liability
$20,000,000 Products Liability
$250,000 Goods in care, custody and control

If cover is required for North America, please call our team for an alternative quote.


Why do you need Public Liability?
Public Liability is often a key requirement in the FTV industry.

Simply, if someone is injured or their property is damaged while you’re providing a service, that person may take legal action against you to recover their losses. In this case, Public liability helps protect your business by ensuring you don’t have to pay any legal or court costs. It will cover incidents that occur in your workplace and at other locations.

NB: Public liability insurance only covers claims made by external parties, not by your employees.

Aon’s Equipment Insurance Policy

Your valuable equipment is crucial to performing your job, so you should ensure it’s also covered in the event that it's either accidently damaged or stolen. When you purchase your Public Liability online with us, you can also choose to add, with the click of a button, between $5,000 and $20,000 cover for your equipment too, meaning you can pay for everything all at once.


What Film & TV Equipment do we cover?
Cameras, lenses, tripods, camera equipment, and associated film & TV equipment. Unsure if we can cover all your gear, just give us a quick call.


What if I need more than $20k cover for my equipment?
Through our buy online system you can easily purchase up to $20k cover, but should you need more cover, this is easily arranged through our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584.

Optional Insurance Covers for FTV professionals

As these cannot yet be bought online, please give our Entertainment team a call on 1800 806 584 if you’re interested in any of the following;

Film Producers' Indemnity
Cast Insurance - Reimburses the production company for cost incurred in completing principal photography because of death, injury or illness to scheduled artists (usually main cast & director).

Negative Film, Content Media Insurance
Reimburses the Production Company for out-of-pocket expenses incurred in re-shooting an unacceptable portion due to damage to negative film, video tape, sound tracks, work prints and tapes. Negative Film loss could be caused by faulty raw stock, faulty camera or lenses, or faulty lab processing.

Extra Expense
Reimburses the Production Company for extra expense incurred due to interruption, postponement, or cancellation of a production directly and solely because of loss or damage to the contracted property/facilities. Mechanical breakdown can also be included.

Cover for physical loss of money during production (i.e. petty cash) from burglary, theft, or fire.

Errors & Omissions
Cover for Legal Liability, including defence, against claims about; unauthorised use of titles, format, ideas, characters, plots, plagiarism, unfair competition, slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.

Optional: Equipment Insurance

Ensure your valuable pieces of Film and TV Equipment are covered should they be accidently damaged or stolen. Up to 20k cover can be bought online when you purchase Public Liability cover or separately via our Equipment page.

Quote & Buy Online

Got a question? Our dedicated Entertainment Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.

    *Prices vary based on the stamp duty of your state/territory.


    Public Liability Insurance for Film & TV Professionals is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, XL Insurance Company SE, Australia Branch, ABN 36 083 570 441.
    Equipment and Instrument Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708.
    If you purchase these insurances, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.

    The information contained on this website is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. So before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please contact the Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 for a copy of the policy terms.



Find the business insurance thats right for you