Equipment and Musical Instrument Insurance

Why choose Aon?

Are you part of the Entertainment Industry (a musician, in sound & lighting, film & tv) or perhaps an instrument enthusiast? Without your valuable equipment we understand you can’t do your job or continue your passion. So, if your pieces are damaged or stolen you need it covered, and replaced a.s.a.p. This is what our Equipment and Musical Instrument cover is for, whilst also being affordable & providing peace of mind that you’ll not need to fork out a lot of money if your gear or important instruments are damaged or stolen.

To quote or buy simply choose the level of cover you require between $5k and $20k below and answer a few quick questions to be covered right away.
Add $20 mill Public Liability to your package: In the entertainment industry you’ll likely need Public Liability too, so grab your additional cover with us while purchasing your equipment cover at the click of a button & in one easy payment by following the prompts online.


Select your cover level:

Need more than 20k cover? Call us on 1800 806 584.
*Prices vary based on GST & the stamp duty of your state.

We’ve got all the essentials covered

What Equipment is covered?

Bands, Performance Group Equipment, Music Teachers:  musical instruments, PA systems, speakers, DJ equipment, acrobatic & circus equipment, props and costumes and associated band and performance equipment

Audio Visual Equipment:  mixing desks, lighting, speakers, PA systems, microphones, cables and associated sound and lighting equipment

Film & TV Equipment: cameras, lenses, tripods, camera equipment, and associated film & TV equipment

Own something not on this list? It may not be insurable so just give us a call to find out 1800 806 584.

Worldwide Equipment cover

If you’re travelling and performing abroad, no problem, this cover still protects your equipment and instruments.

When is my equipment covered and for what?

Our cover provides protection for your equipment whilst in storage, when on the move and even when in use.

You’re covered for: 

• All accidental damage and theft
• Emergency hire - we’ll cover up to 35% of the hire costs, $ based on the insured value of the damaged or stolen item.
• When you hire your equipment out to 3rd parties, so long as a hire agreement is in place or the 3rd party organises their own insurance covering subrogation, you’ll be covered.


What does Public Liability cover me for?

When buying your selected level of cover for equipment/instrument insurance, if you'd like, there is also the option to add-on $20million worth of Public Liability cover. This insurance will cover you for claims that arise due to your negligence re third party property damage or injury. 

As part of this insurance cover, you’ll receive: 

Got a question? Our dedicated Entertainment Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.

    Equipment and Instrument Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708.
    Public Liability Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, XL Insurance Company SE, Australia Branch, ABN 36 083 570 441.
    If you purchase these insurances, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.

    The information contained on this website is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. So before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please contact the Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 for a copy of the policy terms.

Find the business insurance thats right for you