Volunteer Personal Accident insurance

Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance Coverage

Volunteers are a vital resource for many organisations, especially NFPs, so we've created a comprehensive and affordable, Volunteer Personal Accident (VPA) cover.

Our insurance can be purchased by either; an organisation for their volunteers, or by a volunteer themselves. It will cover a volunteer, should, whilst performing their duties, accidental injury or death occur. Plus, unique to Aon, our cover protects volunteers of any age, so long as they can take direction and work independently.

As Volunteering Australia's approved insurance partner, and with over 30 years’ experience protecting the NFP industry, you can trust we know the relevant volunteer risks and claims and have tailored this policy to match.

We cover all the essentials:

What does my VPA insurance cover me for?

No matter the age, should a volunteer injure themselves whilst carrying out work on behalf of an organisation, you/your organisation will be covered in the event of a claim. 

What's covered under this policy: 

  • Death & Capital Benefits $25,000  (higher limits available upon application)
  • Weekly Benefits $500  (higher limits available upon application)
  • Non-Medicare medical expenses paid, for up to $10,000
  • Paraplegia/Quadraplegia – home/car modification costs up to $10,000 
  • Pharmaceutical expenses due to injury (on doctor’s advice) up to $1,000 

For more details of cover, please see our Full Cover Guide pg 16-21.

Is individual work experience covered under this policy?

No, our Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance does not cover people undertaking work experience. However, we can offer students and others who will participate in work experience/an organisation internship with a tailored insurance policy. Visit our webpage for work experience for more information.

Need to make a Claim?

If you become aware of a matter/issue that may be (or give rise to) a claim, you must notify us a.s.a.p and provide all relevant documentation. You can notify a claim by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing us, or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.

Are you a NFP needing other insurance covers?

As a NFP organisation you are exposed to several risks and therefore able and likely needing to apply for insurance covers besides volunteer personal accident, for example public liability, association liability and property insurance.

To find out what other covers your organisation requires and apply for them online, try Aon's own NFP Insurance Puzzle Solver for this as well today.


Insurance for Australia

Aon Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance provides cover to volunteers (and those utilising volunteers) across the whole of Australia including NSW, WA, NT, QLD, SA, VIC, ACT and TAS. So, regardless of where you live in Australia, you can be covered with Aon.

Got a question? Our dedicated NFP Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.

Find the business insurance thats right for you