Ausdance member insurance

Why Aon?

Aon arrange insurance for thousands of dance studios, dance groups and dancers in Australia and are also proudly the approved insurance partner for members of Ausdance.

Our comprehensive, affordable package includes Public LiabilityProfessional IndemnityProduct liability, Property owners’ liability and cover for Wrongful Allegations (as defined below). This cover is also conveniently and quickly available to quote and buy online, giving you peace of mind protection without the hassle.

Endorsed by Ausdance Inc.

“Specifically designed to meet the insurance needs of dance instructors, studios, professional dancers, independent artists and companies — Ausdance and Aon have worked together for over twenty years to ensure there is accessible, relevant and responsive insurance packages for Australia's broad dance sector.”


Are you an independent dancer or solo artist? If so, our Individual Performers Cover might be more suitable for you, especially where you don’t need to cover others working on your behalf.  Visit our webpage or view the appropriate dropdown below for more information.

We cover all the essentials:

Who does our Ausdance insurance cover?

Our Ausdance insurance is able to cover a broad range of the dance industry including; Dance instructors, Dance company/s, Dance studios, Cultural & Dance Festivals, Professional Dancers and Independent artists.

If your work is similar to these professions, but not listed, we still may be able to cover you – just give our team a call to check.

Public liability

We offer both $10m and $20m Public and Products Liability options. The policy covers claims made against you due to your negligence, in regards to injury and/or property damage caused to a third party, whilst on any premise you work from.

Our Public Liability policy also includes the following benefits.

Wrongful Allegation cover
Protect yourself when there have been false allegations of molestation, for claims amounting up to a maximum of $500,000 throughout your policy period.

Professional indemnity
$10m cover to protect you against legal costs and claims for damages to third parties that arose from an act, omission or breach of professional duty during your business.

Worldwide excl. USA & Canada
Your policy isn’t restricted to teaching within your state - so if you travel for work, you’re covered. 

Should you need to work in the USA or Canada, please contact our team to discuss extending your cover to include these countries.

Voluntary workers & performers cover
If you use voluntary workers and performers in your business activities, they can also be covered under this policy.

Student to student cover
Covers you for the liability of one student to another. For e.g. if a student injures another student during a routine.

Property owners' liability
For those businesses owning a property, property owners' liability is included as standard.

The excess applicable is $2,500 any one occurrence with respect to anti-gravity yoga and pole dance activities.

For any other dance activity there is no excess which means there are no hidden costs in the event of a claim.

New: Wrongful Allegations Extension

The Public and Products Liability policy provides cover for Wrongful Allegation Claims.

This extension looks to provide a level of indirect cover for defence costs only in respect to wrongful allegations of sexual abuse, for claims up to a maximum of $500,000 throughout your policy period.

The definition of Sexual Abuse is “an act of indecency towards, or sexual assault of, another person” [defined in Pt 3 Div. 10 of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW)]).

Our cover will also only respond to defence costs if the teacher has had an approved Working with Children check and that this has been in force prior to any incident leading to a claim.

The Insurer will not indemnify an individual convicted in a civil suit or action/claim arising in connection with such criminal act.

Please also note that this cover will only respond to Defence costs made during the policy period, provided that the claimed incident occurred after the retroactive date noted on your coverage summary.

Optional insurance covers

As the following cannot yet be bought online, please contact our Entertainment team if you’d like a quote or more information;

Commercial Business Insurance
If you own or lease a building for the purpose of running a dance school, additional insurance will cover you and your business needs. Business insurance is often required due to a lease agreement, but its main purpose is protection in the case of weather damage, including water leakage & fire damage. It covers your contents, for e.g. your dance flooring, mirrors, speakers and dance wear stock.

Individual or group personal accident & sickness
We can also organise competitively-priced Personal Accident protection for specific injuries, sickness, permanent disablement and accidental death that result from your dance & non-dance related activity, on and off the stage.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Before you give us a call or send us an email, check out our FAQs below, in case your question is one of those we’ve answered here:

1. Do I need to be a member of Ausdance to apply?
No you do not need to be a member of Ausdance to apply for the policy. If not, please visit our tailored dance insurance page

If you’re a member, please note your Ausdance membership number whilst buying online and a discount will be applied to the quotation. If you don’t know your Ausdance membership number, please contact your Ausdance branch for further information.

2. Will this policy cover both my dance studio and me as a performer or dance performance group?
Yes this policy can extend to all activities here, as they are dance related. Please note that all activities must be carried out under the same entity for the insurance to be valid.

3. Are subcontractors covered under the policy?
Yes, subcontractors can be covered under your policy as long as they are working on your behalf.

4. Is my property covered under this policy?
Your own property is not covered under the Ausdance Cover. However, we can arrange a separate cover to suit your business needs. Please give us a call to discuss further on 1800 806 584 or email us at

5. Am I covered at different locations or when I go overseas?
Our Ausdance Liability cover is worldwide excluding USA and Canada, so you can be assured that you are covered for dance activities regardless of where these are carried out. 

If you require cover for USA and/or Canada, please give us a call on 1800 806 584 or email us at and we can organise cover on your behalf.

6. Can events be covered under the policy?
Events can be covered under the policy but only when done in association with your activities as a dance company. Please note that if you are organising an event, any subcontractor providing a professional service, like lighting and catering for example, will need to have their own cover. 

If your business activities are solely event organisation then you will need to organise another cover as the Ausdance policy is not suitable for this. Please refer to for more information.

7. Can I increase my cover throughout the year?
Yes you can, simply email us with your request at and your query will be actioned within 2 business days.

8. Am I able to pay my premium monthly?
If buying online you will need to organise payment in full. However, at the renewal of your policy, you will be offered the option of monthly instalments or to pay in full again.

Are you an Independent Solo Artist?

If you only require cover for yourself as an independent solo artist or for your own events, our comprehensive Ausdance insurance policy might not be most applicable. Instead, as an independent solo dancer/performer you can easily buy online $20Million Public Liability cover, via our Performers page.

However, if your dance activities are varied or if you have others working with you then the Ausdance cover is likely still applicable to you. If you have any further questions, simply give our dance team a call on 1800 806 584 and we’ll be happy to discuss the cover options with you.

Got a question? Our dedicated Entertainment Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.
    *Prices vary based on the stamp duty of your state/territory.

    Ausdance Member Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited, ABN 17 000 434 720, AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Chubb Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL 239687. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.

    The information contained on this website is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. So before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please contact the Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 for a copy of the policy terms.

Find the business insurance thats right for you