Insurance for Work Metrics through Aon Get a quote Get a quote
Or Call 1800 318 055
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 7:00pm AET

Insurance for Work Metrics users

Aon can help you with making better decisions about your insurance & risk requirements

Whether you’re a contractor or running your own business access to a range of tailored insurance solutions including public liability, workplace health and safety insurance solutions and more. Talking to an Aon broker can help you get the details you need to assess whether you have the adequate insurance in place, so you can protect your business in the event of a claim being made against you.

Aon and Work Metrics

Aon has partnered with Work Metrics to help contracting companies with a new safety and job risk resource centre. This also includes pathways to review and assess insurance cover. As part of this alliance, you have an opportunity to access further resources for complimentary assessment checks helping identify any risk gaps. This simplifies the process contractors have traditionally laboured over and helps to ensure you have the required insurance cover for your job activity. 

Why talking to an Aon broker is time well spent

Understanding the types of insurances that may be right for your business can be complicated. This is where a specialist Aon broker works closely with you by getting to know your business’ risks and identifying potential gaps so they can bring you an insurance solution that’s suitable for your business.

Tailored solutions

We work with leading insurers, and have a deep understanding of the risks that businesses face. Aon negotiates with leading insurers to offer insurance solutions at competitive prices.

All in one place

Whatever your business insurance needs are, Aon can help to arrange an insurance program that addresses your requirements.

By your side

We'll work to pursue a timely and positive settlement of your claims. Our dedicated team of claims experts leverage their industry knowledge and long-standing relationships with insurers to advocate for your claims.

Do you have more complex business insurance needs and wonder if your current insurance right for your business?

Aon can provide you with a complimentary business insurance review of your current program.

1. We will send you a no-obligation proposal to perform a review of your program.
2. We’ll conduct a complimentary review of your current insurance.
3. You’ll receive a detailed report of the review findings and our recommendations.

Contact Aon to find out more 


Frequently Asked Questions
For Work Metrics users. Here are some questions commonly asked.
What is Public Liability insurance and what would it cover me for?
Public liability helps cover you for third party property damage and personal injury for which you are found legally liable.1 For example, if there is a spillage at your business premises and you haven’t yet cleaned it up, and someone slips injuring themselves, the individual who has been injured can make a claim against your business for the injury. In this circumstance, your public liability policy may respond to such an event subject to the policy terms and conditions.
What is the difference between Professional Indemnity insurance and public liability insurance?
Professional Indemnity insurance can help protect your business against claims made by third parties arising from your negligence and/or act, error or ommission in the peformance of your professional services. Public Liability insurance, as indicated above, helps cover the costs associated with a third party’s claim for personal injury or property damage or due to products that are sold or supplied through your business for which you are found legally liable. 
Who might require professional Indemnity Insurance in Australia?
Professional Indemnity insurance is a mandatory requirement for some professions in Australia, including some registered professions or as part of a professional membership. The level of PI insurance required can vary by profession where required. Even if PI insurance is not mandatory for your profession, your clients may require it. Before some clients hire you, they may want to see proof of your PI insurance. This can help assure them that your business has access to additional protection to deal with a worst-case scenario.
More FAQs
I am considering a Business Insurance package, what can I be covered for under this?
Business Insurance is made up of a number of cover sections, and you can choose the sections that relate to your business. Cover is available for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. You can also take out cover for money (if you keep cash on premises), portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops, and public liability.1

What is Business Interruption and what would it cover me for?
Business interruption includes protection for lost revenue in the event your business is unable to operate as usual due to an insured peril, which are unforeseen and catastrophic  events that cause loss or damage to property such as storms, floods and similar events. Insured perils will normally be listed in the policy documentation and can differ between products and insurers.1​

What do I do if I have a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. If   you need to make a claim, please call Aon on 1800 318 055 or contact us here and we’ll provide you with a claim form to start the claims process. We’ll also work closely with you throughout the claims process and assist you to help achieve a settlement of your claim as efficiently as possible.

If I need a certificate of currency, how can I obtain this?
We can certainly assist with this once you’ve taken out a policy. Simply call Aon on 1800 318 055 or contact us here

I’m expanding my business and not sure if I need to update my insurance program, who can I speak to?
We can certainly update your insurance program. Contact Aon on 1800 318 055 or contact us here and we can assist you with arranging cover for your newly expanded business.

What’s the excess and when do I pay this?
Excess is the amount you must pay if you make a claim on your policy. When you make a claim, the insurer will either deduct the applicable excesses from the amount paid to you or direct you to pay the excess to the insurer, or to the appointed repairer. Please refer to your policy wording for further information.

Is flood cover available in the policy arranged through Aon?
You can request cover for flood at an additional cost depending on your location. Flood liability can cover you for expenses arising from damage resulting from floods.1 Please contact us on 1800 318 055 or contact us here and we can provide you with a quote.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 318 055

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Contact us

© 2020 Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL no. 241141 (Aon)

The information contained on this website is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. Before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please consider your personal circumstances, as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (if applicable) and full policy terms and conditions available from Aon on request. All representations on this website in relation to the insurance products we arrange are subject to the full terms and conditions of the relevant policy. Please contact us if you have any queries.