Law Protect and Aon 

Insurance solutions for clients of Law Protect

Get a quote Get a quote Or Call
Or Call 02 8623 4234
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:00pm AET

Aon and Law Protect

As a client of Law Protect you can access a range of  risk and insurance solutions for your legal practice through Aon. One of Australia’s largest insurance brokers, we are the newly appointed risk and insurance services partner of choice for Law Protect and committed to helping law firms and practices with arranging appropriate coverage to manage the risk exposures commonly faced by your sector.

Whether you’re looking to arrange professional indemnity cover, cyber or management liability and more, you can discuss your requirements with an experienced specialist who will be able to work with you in tailoring a program suitable for risks commonly faced by the needs of the legal profession.

Want to discuss the Professional Indemnity Insurance options available through Aon?
Talk to an expert and find out more today.

Why Aon?

Insurance options

Access to a range of flexible insurance options tailored to suit legal practices, including: Professional Indemnity, Cyber Liability, Business Insurance, Public Liability, Management Liability & more.

Choice & flexibility

Aon has access to a broad range of insurers and solutions which enable us to offer you an insurance program tailored to suit legal practices.

Managing your claim

If you do need to make a claim, Aon offers a dedicated team of in-house claims experts who can help to pursue the  desired outcome for you and support you through the claims process.

Depth & detail with expert advice

  • Talk to an expert – Law Protect clients can gain confidence by discussing your insurance requirements, and the options available to you, with a dedicated team of professional advisers who understand the insurance needs of lawyers.

  • Deep industry insights – We use our data-driven insights and deep industry knowledge to offer you an insurance program to suit law practices’ common requirements.

  • Knowledge & thought leadership - Keep updated with key risk exposures and insurance solutions through Aon’s extensive thought leadership and market insights, that we’ll offer you across a wide range of topics, risk management reports, with access to exclusive events and more.

What Insurances should lawyers consider for their practice?

Business Insurance1
Business insurance is designed to protect your business and its assets (including equipment) against certain unexpected events. For example, it can include cover for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. Cover is also available for damage to money (if you keep cash on premises), and portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops.
Professional Indemnity1
This provides cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered financial loss. Professional indemnity insurance may cover the cost of legal representation, as well as compensation you’re required to pay as result of the claim.
Public Liability1
Public liability insurance is designed for professionals who interact with customers or members of the public. It helps protect against claims of personal injury or property damage that a third party suffers (or claims to have suffered) as a result of your business operations at your workplace or another location.
Management Liability1
If you own your own business, you’re likely responsible for making some big decisions. Management liability insurance is designed to cover you and your business against actual or alleged mismanagement of your business. Management liability insurance can also help cover employment practices claims made against you by current or former employees.
Cyber Insurance1
60% of small businesses go out business 6 months after a cyber breach.^ Each year cyber threat exposures have increased in a more digitally reliant marketplace,† so arranging appropriate cover could be key to protecting your business. Cover benefits can include first party coverage, third party (liability) coverage, Incident response and cyber-crime insurance.

Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by Law Protect Clients.
Why should I consider professional indemnity insurance?
As a lawyer you are providing professional advice to your clients daily. If you make an oversight, error or omission with this advice, the other party may suffer a financial loss and as a result bring a claim against you for these losses. Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed to cover you for the claimed amount, as well as the associated defence costs, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Why should I consider Cyber Insurance?
Your high-value client base, the commercially sensitive information you hold about them and the raft of cloud based and online technologies you use all make you susceptible to cyber crime. For cyber criminals, attacking your system wouldn’t require much effort on their part, but the ramifications for you (and your clients) could be far-reaching. Cyber Insurance can therefore help safeguard your business’s viability if you do fall victim to an attack, and help make sure you’re not left with substantial out of pocket costs to rectify your IT systems and get your business back up and running.
Why should I consider Management Liability Insurance?
If you’re managing a business, you’re responsible for making some very big decisions, and a management liability policy can help protect against the risks and exposures involved in doing so. If your business is a company, it also includes cover for directors & officers’ personal and corporate liabilities.
Explore more FAQs
I am considering a Business Insurance package, what can I be covered for under this?
Business Insurance is made up of a number of cover sections, and you can choose the sections that relate to your business. Cover is available for damage to business premises and/or equipment caused by fire, storm, theft and other insured events. You can also take out cover for money (if you keep cash on premises), portable contents such as mobile phones and laptops, and public liability.1

What do I do if I have a claim? You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us.
If you need to make a claim, please call Aon on 02 8623 4234 or email and we’ll provide you with a claim form to start the claims process. We’ll also work closely with you throughout the claims process and assist you to help achieve a settlement of your claim as efficiently as possible.

If I need a certificate of currency, how can I obtain this?
We can certainly assist with this once you’ve taken out a policy. Simply call Aon on 02 8623 4234 or email us at

I’m expanding my business and not sure if I need to update my insurance program, who can I speak to?
We can certainly update your insurance program. Contact Aon on 02 8623 4234 or email us at and we can assist you with arranging cover for your newly expanded business.

What’s the excess and when do I pay this?
Excess is the amount you must pay if you make a claim on your policy. When you make a claim, the insurer will either deduct the applicable excesses from the amount paid to you or direct you to pay the excess to the insurer, or to the appointed repairer. Please refer to your policy wording for further information.

Why should I consider both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability?
Professional Indemnity Insurance applies to claims where clients allege your advice or service caused them financial loss. Public Liability on the other hand covers you for claims where a client or a member of the public alleges they suffered an injury or property damage as a result of your business activities.

Can I maintain my insurance if I stop trading?
Professional Indemnity is insurance on a claims-made basis. This means that a policy needs to be active when a claim arises in order to respond, even if this event that lead to the claim occurred several years ago. Due to this, if you do cease trading we recommend maintaining what is called a “run off” professional indemnity policy. This is an active policy that will cover you for activities when you were trading, to ensure you have cover in place when a claim is made afterwards, up to 7 years. 


Ways to get in touch

Call 02 8623 4234

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 
1. Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information or contact us.

^ Sources: & 

Cyber Liability insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 (Aon) on behalf of the product issuer CFC Underwriting Limited 1999-2019 of London, Company Number 03 302 887. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.