IPEd and Aon

Insurance for members of Institute of Professional Editors Limited (IPEd)

Get a quote Call 1800 020 339
Or Call 1800 020 339
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:00pm AET

Why do IPEd members need insurance?

As a member of the Institute of Professional Editors Limited (IPEd), you love the written word but your profession is so much more than just correcting spelling and grammar. You’re the first impartial reader of your writer’s masterpiece and you take great care to help structure the document, choose the right style and language, remove ambiguity and clarify meaning and ensure consistency in style and language.

No-one understands risks specific to editing professionals like Aon. Being the endorsed insurance broker for IPEd, we’ve negotiated with leading insurers to obtain tailored cover - at a competitive price.

Why choose Aon for IPEd Member Insurance?

When it comes to insurance for IPEd members, there are a few options available to you. Aon is committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. Download our online form or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

What Insurance should IPEd members consider?

There are a few options available to you, and you’ll need to consider your circumstances when deciding which policies to take out. Speaking to a broker can help you understand the various options, and give you the confidence of making a decision that’s better for you and your business.

What insurance do IPEd Members need?

Professional Indemnity
This may provide cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered injury or financial loss. Professional Indemnity Insurance may cover the cost of legal representation, as well as compensation you’re required to pay as result of the claim.1
Public Liability
Public Liability Insurance helps protect your business against liability for third-party personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities.1
Management Liability
If you own your own business, you’re likely responsible for making some big decisions. Management Liability Insurance is designed to cover you and your business against actual or alleged mismanagement of your business.  

Management Liability Insurance can also help cover employment practices claims made against you by current or former employees.1
Personal Accident
Personal Accident Insurance can help protect you in the event of accidental injury, providing a lump sum payment or covering your loss of income to help give you the financial support you need.
Depending on your individual needs and circumstances, Personal Accident Insurance can be tailored to help cover you for injuries sustained at work, on your journey to work, and/or anywhere, covering you 24/7.
Everyone’s professional and personal circumstances are different, and that’s why it’s important to get the right insurance mix to support your individual needs. If you would like to find out more about insurance coverage, please contact the Aon team on 1800 020 339.1
Car and Home Insurance
Aon arrange a variety of personal insurance products for our clients including Home, Contents, Motor, Landlords, Boat and Caravan Insurance.
If you would like to keep all your insurances in one place, please talk to one of our advisors about our options and pricing.1

Cover benefits for IPEd Members

Professional Idemnity
Helps cover your legal defence costs, compensation and legal costs paid to the claimant following allegation of professional wrongdoing by you in the course of providing services.
Limits: Options for $1M, $2M and $5M any one claim.
Up to 5 reinstatements of the indemnity limit in a policy period.1
Cost Exclusive Excess
Lost Documents - $500K
Infringement of Copyright or Patents
Cover for Consultants
Public Relations Expenses $50K

Public Liability
Help cover your liability exposures for third party property damage and bodily injury incurred in connection with your business.

Limits: Options for $5M, $10M and $20M any one occurrence.1

Worldwide Coverage
Broad territorial limits. You are covered anywhere in the world, excluding the USA and Canada. However, this does not apply to the temporary presence in the USA/Canada of any employee, director or partner who is normally resident in Australia, and who is not performing any manual or supervisory work.1

Give us a call on 1800 020 339 if you need a more tailored solution for your requirements.

Covered activities
The following activities are covered: Editing, proofreading, copywriting, technical writing as well as consulting and training (in relation to the above services only).1

Contact us on 1800 020 339 if your activities fall outside of this.


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by IPEd Members.
When will I receive my certificate of currency?
When you purchase your insurance online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers the time line may vary.2
How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 020 339 during business hours.
What if I need to make a change to my policy?
Should your business circumstances change, for example you have moved into new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 020 339.
Explore more FAQ
How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date you will receive a renewal email including your tax invoice and schedule from Aon. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice. Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies. At Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 020 339 or au.misc.centraladmin@aon.com and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at au.misc.centraladmin@aon.com and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 020 339

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays)
1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox.