FAA and Aon

Insurance for members of Folk Alliance Australia (FAA)

Get a Quote Get a Quote 1800 806 584
Or Call 1800 806 584
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Why do FAA members need insurance?

As a member of Folk Alliance Australia (FAA), you have a passion for music, culture and tradition. Unfortunately though, no matter how perfectly you hit every note, there is always a possibility of something going wrong in the course of your performance or events. That’s why as an FAA member, it’s worth arranging your insurance with a broker that strikes the right chords with your industry.  

Approved specifically for members of Folk Alliance Australia, whether you're a folk performer/group, club or organising folk events, Aon can arrange insurance for you that addresses the risks commonly faced in your industry.   

Why choose Aon for FAA members’ insurance?

When it comes to insurance, Aon is committed to making life easier for you with insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage. You can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly why; helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business

Explore our products

Folk Performers
The Folk Performer policy arranged through Aon includes Public Liability insurance, which helps cover your legal liability for third-party property damage and/or bodily injury occurring in connection with your business activities.1

The policy also includes Breach of Professional Duty cover, which is designed to indemnify your business against legal costs and third party compensation which you become legally liable for, arising out of a breach of the duty you owe in your professional capacity, in connection with your business.

This Folk Performers policy is available for solo, duo, trio or performing groups. 
If you’re holding an event of less than 2,500 attendees, Aon can arrange Public Liability for your event. This is designed to cover your legal liability in the event of third party injury or property damage that occurs during your event.1  

Optional cover is also available for costs and expenses or revenues associated with an event should it be cancelled, postponed or interrupted due to unforeseen circumstances. 
This is cover designed for Clubs with up to 200 members, and covers legal liability if you have a third-party property damage and/or bodily injury occurrence arise from your actions or your business activities.1​
Equipment Insurance
Equipment Insurance is available as an optional cover. The equipment insurance Aon arrange is applicable worldwide (unless otherwise specified in your schedule) and importantly, covers equipment in transit, during use and in storage.1
Muso Personal Accident Insurance
This includes cover for your lost income if you suffer an injury and are unable to work for a period of time.1

Cover benefits of Folk Performers Public Liability Insurance through Aon:

Public Liability 
The Public Liability policy we arrange for FAA members provides $30 million worth of protection in the event of a claim.1

Worldwide Cover 
If you’re travelling and performing abroad, we can cover you worldwide (excl. USA and Canada).2


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by FAA Members.
Am I eligible to purchase your Folk Alliance Member Insurance?
To purchase a policy under this scheme you must be a current and financial member with Folk Alliance Australia. Please make sure you have active membership and your membership number prior to purchasing cover. To take out membership, visit Folk Alliance Australia. 
What does FAA consider as folk?
Folk Music is culturally specific and primarily acoustic in nature. It is not; Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Punk, Hardcore, Hip-Hop, Rap and music with similar context.

Folk Dance is culturally specific. It is not; Breakdance, Fire-Twirling, Moshing, Log-Throwing, Crowd-Surfing, Acrobatics and dance with similar context.

Folk Music Festivals/Concerts involve no less than 85% Folk Music, as defined above.
Does insurance arranged through Aon provide worldwide cover?
If you purchase Performer Folk Alliance member insurance through Aon, cover extends to performances anywhere in the world, except North America.

If you purchase Folk Alliance member Club or Festival event insurance through Aon, cover extends anywhere in Australia and New Zealand.
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or au.entertainment@aon.com

How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time. That's why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.
Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer and schedule will be sent to you via your elected email address approximately 30 days before your renewal date. It is important at that stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, please make payment by the date specified on the invoice.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?
Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 806 584 or au.entertainment@aon.com and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at au.entertainment@aon.com and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 806 584

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 
Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2 North America is USA and Canada, you will need to inform Aon if you require cover in North America, please contact us on 1800 806 584.

Folk Alliance Australia (FAA) Member Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Certain Underwriters at Lloyds. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.


Equipment and Instrument Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.