ANCA and Aon

Insurance for members of Australian National Choral Association (ANCA)

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 123 266
Or Call 1800 123 266
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:30pm AET

Why do ANCA members need insurance?

Aon are proudly the approved insurance partner for the Australian National Choral Association (ANCA). By working closely with industry bodies such as ANCA, we help orchestrate cover that addresses the risks you may face in your field.

When it comes to insurance, being with a broker who can sing to your tune is important. While you can be confident that ANCA continues to grow choral music, we’d like you to have the same confidence with making a decision for your insurance cover. Aon can help with protecting your conductors and choristers with a comprehensive policy that covers a wide range of risks including, public liability, professional indemnity, volunteer injury and equipment damage.

Why choose Aon for ANCA members’ insurance?

When it comes to insurance for ANCA members, there are a few options available to you, and deciding which ones you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you apply online using our simple online form. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

Explore our products

Public Liability Insurance
Public Liability helps provide cover for your legal liability if third party property damage and/or bodily injury arises from your actions or your business activities.  When your choir is performing in a public place, Public Liability is an important cover to hold in case a member of the public is injured as a results of your activities. 1
Breach of Professional Duty Insurance
Also known as Professional Indemnity, this helps to cover for claims, and costs to defend said claim, as a result of a breach of professional duty which arises from an act, error or omission by you during the conduct of your business. The claim must first be made against you and notified to the insurer during the period of insurance.2
Volunteer Personal Accident
Our Volunteers Personal Accident cover helps protect you in the event of accidental injury, permanent disability or death. If you would like this cover, please advise on the application form.1
Equipment and Musical Instrument Insurance
This is an optional cover available to you, but may be an important one for your choir. Your musical instruments are the tools of your trade, so if something was to happen to them, you’d want them replaced quickly so you can get back to doing what you love. Aon can also arrange cover for your electronic devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and tablets, in case of accidental damage, and theft whilst in storage, or whilst in use worldwide.1

Cover Benefits though Aon

Public and Products Liability cover
The Public Liability policy we arrange for ANCA members provides $20 million worth of protection in the event of a claim.1

Worldwide cover
If you’re travelling and performing abroad, we can cover you worldwide (excl. USA and Canada).1


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by ANCA Members.
Can I cover my equipment outside of the home?

For this to be covered, you will need Equipment and Musical Instrument Insurance. This includes protection for your equipment whilst in storage, when on the move and even when in use. Covered is also included for events such as accidental damage and theft, emergency hire, and when you’re hiring your equipment out to 3rd parties pursuant to a written agreement.

Am I covered for Public Liability if my group performs overseas?

If your group is travelling overseas to perform, the Public & Products Liability Insurance arranged through Aon can cover you while you perform overseas (excluding North America). If you are travelling to North America, then contact our team, and we may be able to assist.

How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 123 266.
Explore more FAQs
What if I need to make a change to my policy? 
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.

How do I renew my policy? 
Your renewal offer and schedule will be sent to you via your elected email address approximately 30 days before your renewal date. It is important at that stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept there is nothing more for you to do as your policy will automatically renew on the expiry date of your previous policy and you will receive an invoice via your elected email. To ensure you remain covered, please make payment by the date specified on the invoice.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents? 
Please accept our apologies, at Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on 1800 123 266 or and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.


Ways to get in touch

Call 1800 123 266

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 

Email us

1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2Claim must be made against you and immediately notified to the insurer within the period of insurance. Failure to notify the insurer during the period of insurance may affect cover.

3North America is USA and Canada, you will need to inform Aon if you require cover in North America, please contact us on 1800 806 584.

Equipment and Instrument Insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708.