AIPP and Aon

Insurance for members of Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP)

Get a quote Get a quote 1800 810 282
Or Call 1800 810 282
Mon – Fri
8:30am – 5:00pm AET

Why do AIPP members need insurance?

As a photographer, your eyes are trained to find the beauty in almost anything. In finding this beauty though, these same eyes might overlook the possibility of certain mishaps occurring in the course of your work. While you’re busy keeping focus on your shoots and the long nights in post-production, a small incident such as theft of your equipment, or a third party alleging your service caused them harm could throw off the focus in your own world. It is therefore important that as a photographer, you hold appropriate insurance to protect you from the exposure you face in the operation of your business.

Aon has been arranging competitively-priced insurance solutions tailored to the risks commonly faced by professional photographers for over 20 years and is proudly an approved and recommended insurance partner for members of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography.

Why choose Aon for AIPP members’ insurance?

When it comes to insurance for AIPP members, there are a few options available to you, and deciding which ones you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can apply online by using our simple online form. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

Explore our products

Professional Indemnity
This provides cover in the event a third party alleges that you have been negligent in performing your services or giving advice, and as a result, they have suffered injury or financial loss. Professional Indemnity insurance may cover the cost of legal representation, as well as compensation you’re required to pay as result of the claim.
Public Liability
Public liability insurance covers your liability for third-party personal injury or property damage arising out of your business activities. For example, if a client or visitor was to slip and fall while on your business premises, you would look to this policy to cover respond to the claim.

Similarly, if a ‘for sale’ sign you installed caused damage to a property, this policy could help cover the legal costs to defend you against any claim, as well as any damages you’re required to pay.
Business Insurance
This includes will cover for your physical business premises if they’re damaged by a fire, or other covered events. Business Package Insurance can also include public liability Insurance, so if you take out Public Liability as part of this, you don’t need to take out a separate policy for this cover.

Business package insurance allows you to bundle a number of classes of insurance into one policy. For example, you may elect to take cover for your premises against loss, damage and interruption, as well as ublicpublic liability, money, glass and theft. If you insure a particular class of insurance through a Business Package, you do not need to insure that risk elsewhere.
Cyber Insurance
Cyber insurance protects you against some cyber related threats, such as cyber criminals hacking into your network and stealing your data. You probably store valuable client data like bank account details, as well as forms of ID such as passports and drivers’ licences. This type of information can be enough of a lure for cyber criminals, so this coverage may be worth considering when protecting your business.

Cover benefits of AIPP members Insurance

Public and Products Liability cover
Public Liability $20,000,000 any one occurrence.
Products Liability $20,000,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate any one period of insurance. Goods in your Care, Custody or Control $250,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate.1

Optional Drone Cover
Property Cover for your Drone and Drone Liability can be included in the policy for an additional premium. 1,3

Repair or Replacement
If your photography equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen, you may be offered repair or replacement of the damaged equipment. Subject to eligibility criteria.

Worldwide Cover for Equipment
Cover for your equipment anywhere in the world, unless otherwise stated in the Schedule.1

Worldwide Cover for Liability
Covers you anywhere in the world, however, certain exclusions apply with respect to North America. 1

Errors & Omissions
Automatically provided when you select Public Liability insurance. $2,000,000 any one Occurrence and in the aggregate any one Policy Period.1.

What other insurance policies do AIPP members need?

When it comes to deciding which insurance you need to take out, there are a wide range of options available to you, and deciding which ones you need isn’t easy. Your broker can help you understand each policy’s coverage and their terms and conditions so you can make a decision based on what’s right for you.

Please contact Aon on 1800 810 282 to discuss covers that may be right for you.


Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions commonly asked by Photographers.
Do photographers need public liability insurance?
A member of the public could walk onto a shoot or into your studio and trip, slip, or fall on a piece of your equipment, causing bodily injury and/or damage to their property.

Public Liability insurance provides cover for legal liabilities if a member of the public makes a claim that they were injured, or damage was caused to their property because of your business dealings or on your premises.1
Am I able to cover equipment that I hire temporarily?
Yes, upon prior notice, we may be able to arrange to add hired equipment onto your policy for an additional premium.
When will I receive my certificate of currency?
When you purchase your insurance online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers, you will receive your certificate within 24 hours.2
Explore more FAQs
Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis?
We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or

How do I make a claim?
You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 810 282 during normal business hours.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?
It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have moved into a new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 810 282.

How do I renew my policy?
Your renewal offer will be sent to you via your elected email address, approximately 30 days before your renewal date you will receive a renewal email including your tax invoice and schedule from Aon. It is important at this stage to review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, it is important that you pay for your renewal by the date specified on the tax invoice. Thank you for looking into renewing your policy through Aon. It is greatly valued that you are pleased with the level of service and coverage you receive.

What are your opening hours?
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (AET, except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at and we will pick up your query on the next business day.


Call 1800 810 282

8:30am - 5:00pm AET
Mon - Fri (except public holidays) 
1Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

2We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox.

3We can arrange cover for drones as part of photographer’s insurance policies for equipment and public liability. We can arrange cover for drones up to 5kgs and up to $5,000 in value. Under the equipment insurance, cover is provided for your drones for damage and theft everywhere in the world, even when in use. The drone cover included as an extension to the Public Liability policy can provide cover should you injure someone or damage third-party property whilst operating the drone. Drone claims will attract an excess of $1,000. There are also some conditions applied to ensure you are complying with CASA regulations which we will include in our documentation to you when you apply for the extension.

Insurance for members of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP) is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) trading as Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality – Pacific. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.