Resident Unit Manager Insurance

Professional Indemnity and Public Liability
Insurance for
Resident Managers

Get a quote online in less than 5 minutes

Your nearest Aon Insurance brokers:

It is now even easier to purchase your professional indemnity and public liability insurance through Aon. Simply click Buy Online and fill in a few questions about your business to receive a quote in minutes.
Like what you see? You can then purchase online and be insured today.
At Aon, we’re dedicated to understanding the specific risks of individual professions, including resident managers. Did you know? We were the first insurance provider to create a combined insurance policy tailored to your profession. We also negotiate with a number of insurers to get you our best price.
Do you;

  • conduct sales activity under a real estate sales licence?
  • manage any properties outside the complex to be insured?
  • manage more than one complex?
  • have any non-residential units or premises in complex?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, to save you time we will not be able to quote online and would advise you ring our specialist team direct to talk through your insurance in more detail.

To give you an indication of our prices on some common risks, please see the profiles below.*

Jane 12 Units

  • PI $2m any one claim
  • PI $4m in the aggregate
  • PL $10m
  • 11 units are for holiday letting

John 42 units

  • PI $2m any one claim
  • PI $4m in the aggregate
  • PL $20m
  • 39 units are for holiday letting

Mike 97 units

  • PI $2m any one claim
  • PI $4m in the aggregate
  • PL $10m
  • 0 units are for holiday letting

We help cover all the essentials

Public liability insurance

Protection against claims from property damage or injuries to people. E.g. slipping near a pool or in common areas of the Body Corporate such as walkways, foyers or stairwells.

*Resident Managers need their own insurance. Body Corporate insurance doesn’t provide protection for the Resident Managers' Business.

Professional indemnity insurance

Protection for claims made against your business by third parties about acts, errors or omissions arising out of your business practice. E.g. allegations of poor tenant selection, or failure to follow instructions of the body corporate or landlord – resulting in financial loss.

Statutory liability

Protection against liability for statutory fines & penalties from unintentional breaches of legislation, for example, Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental elements.

Cover for legal matters

1. Remedial Breach – Unique to Aon, this cover assists a Resident Manager having to defend a remedial or breach notice. It’s an important legal defence for Resident Managers when in disputes with the Body Corporate.

2. Quasi-Judicial Representation - Reimbursement for reasonable legal costs in defending a complaint made against you under the process of the licensing or your profession’s disciplinary bodies. NB: This excludes possible fines or penalties.

Making a claim?

With Aon you have access to FREE legal advice through our partner Carter Newell Lawyers, a firm that’s specialised in Real Estate and Management Rights for over 20 years. Call them on 1800 624 264.

If you’d like to discuss your insurance needs, call us on  1300 734 274  between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Email Us

*subject to referral to the insurer and prices based on QLD customers

**The profiles & activity breakdowns above are indicative and don’t constitute the comprehensive range of activities or activity breakdown scenarios where we may provide you with a quote. As a result, the prices quoted are indicative in nature-prices include stamp duty, fee and GST. You’ll need to contact Aon for an individual quote which will be subject to individual circumstances & full policy terms and conditions.

Find the business insurance thats right for you