Insurance Packages for Photographers

Why Aon?

Aon have been protecting Photographers in Australia for over 20 years and are a recommended insurance partner for members of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP). We’ve developed a tailored, comprehensive and affordable insurance package system to meet the varying risks of amateur through to professional photographers. As photography equipment is often not included in your standard home and contents policy, ensure your precious equipment is covered with Aon, for theft, loss and damage whether you’re working at home, in a studio, or onsite with a client.

We currently offer 3 insurance packages which you can quote and buy online:

1. Equipment insurance only.

2. Equipment insurance + add-on $20mill public liability.

3. Complete studio package insurance (cover for your equipment, public liability and your studio).

To get started with either 1, 2 or 3, simply choose the equipment cover level you’d like below.

Select your Equipment cover level:

Need more than $20,000 cover? Click here to Quote & Buy Online.
*Prices vary based on GST and the stamp duty relating to your state.

We've got all the essentials covered

Worldwide Equipment cover

Wherever you are, we can protect your camera body, lenses & all portable equipment (including laptops, computers, tablets and mobiles) for accidental loss and damage.

Purchasing new equipment?

Need another lens? If you buy more photography equipment, we can cover it too – as long as it’s bought within the policy period.

Add-on: Our Public Liability cover

When you’re on a professional job, you’ll need to prove that you have public liability cover, so we’ve negotiated a top level cover of $20M. All you need to do is choose the level of equipment cover you require above & then in the quote and buy system, click package B to add Public Liability cover to your purchase.

Add-on: Our studio cover

If you’re a photography studio owner, you’ll benefit from ensuring your studio itself as well. With our studio cover package, your studio and everything in it will be covered against damage and loss (including fire, theft and glass damage). To purchase this policy, all you need to do is select the level of Equipment cover you require above, & then in the quote and buy system, click package C which includes studio cover as well.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Before you give us a call or send us an email, check out our FAQs below, in case your question is one of those we’ve answered here:
1. Is my photography gear covered when I am travelling overseas for work and leisure?
Yes, the equipment will be covered against accidental damage and theft all over the world and you do not need to notify us before taking your equipment overseas.
2. Am I able to cover equipment that I hire in temporarily?
Yes, upon prior notice, we are able to add hired equipment onto your policy for an additional premium.
3. Are drones covered under my photographer’s insurance policy?
Yes, we are happy to announce that we can include cover for drones for property damage, theft and public liability! Coverage for the property not only covers your equipment everywhere in the world but also covers your equipment whilst in use and the public liability will be amended to ensure that you are covered should you injure someone or damage others people’s property whilst operating the drone. Drone claims on the policy will attract a higher excess of $1,000 compared with the standard $100 seen with all other equipment. There are also some conditions applied to ensure you are complying with CASA regulations which we will include in our documentation to you when you apply for the extension.
4. Is camera equipment covered whilst in use underwater?
Underwater use of camera equipment where oxygen tanks are not required, will be covered as long as the appropriate housing/casing is in place.
*Please note, recreational use of underwater equipment where Oxygen Tanks are in use, will not be covered under your photographer's insurance cover
5. Do I need to provide you with equipment lists if my total sum insured is less than $20,000?
No, we don’t require lists of your equipment for sums insured under $20,000 as all your equipment will be covered up to your chosen sum insured.
6. Am I able to pay my premium monthly?
Unfortunately, we are unable to setup monthly instalments for your new policy online, however, this payment option will be provided to you at your next renewal.
7. What do I need to do should I require any changes to my photographer’s insurance policy?
You will need to email us your request at where your queries will be actioned within 2 business days.

    Got a question? Our dedicated Entertainment Team is available by phone or email Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm AEST.

Find the business insurance thats right for you