Public Liability Insurance for Performers

Get an instant quote

Tailored insurance for Performers, Musicians and Entertainers

Performers insurance includes both Public Liability and Breach of Professional Duty in one policy.
Aon provide insurance for Performers and Entertainers across Australia; we negotiate with insurers on your behalf to provide you with a cheap price, but will never compromise on quality, to give you our most comprehensive cover.  

Why do Performers, Musicians and Entertainers need Public Liability insurance?

Whether you’re a stand-up comic, musician, children’s entertainer or a theatre performer, you’re entertaining the public, and this comes with risks. An audience member, or passer-by, could trip on a piece of your equipment and claim they were injured, or their property was damaged because of you, and seek to hold you legally liable.

Designed for individual performers and entertainers, our cost-competitive Public Liability insurance covers against a variety of risks including injury to the public/audience.

Performers Public Liability Insurance covers you for your legal liability if you have a third-party property damage and/or bodily injury occurrence arise from your actions or your business activities.

Why do Performers, Musicians & Entertainers need Breach of Professional Duty protection?

You’re in the business of entertaining people and helping them escape from their day-to-day stress. You might like to pass your knowledge on to others through tuition or workshops, this can bring joy to the people your teaching, but it also comes with risk. If a customer believes that you’ve been negligent and breached your professional duty they could make a claim against your business and seek to hold you accountable for damages. 

Breach of Professional Duty cover for Performers and Entertainers is designed to protect your business against legal costs and claims by third parties for damages arising from acts, omissions or breaches of professional duty during your business first reported to you during the period of insurance.1

Cover benefits of Performers insurance:

Public and Products Liability cover
Public Liability $20,000,000 any one occurrence.

Products Liability $20,000,000 for any one occurrence and in the aggregate of any one period of insurance.

Breach of Professional Duty 1,000,000 any one claim and $2,000,000 in the aggregate any one period of insurance.1
Worldwide cover
Third-party injury or property damage arising because of your business activities, anywhere in the world excluding North America.1,3 
Tutoring and workshops
As part of the policy, cover is provided for any tutoring or workshops you do that are specific to your performance activity.1
Venue hire
Cover for when you stage a show, rehearsal or workshop with an audience of up to 300 people.If you need cover for more than 300 people just call us on 1800 806 584 we can help. 

Better for Performers in 3 simple ways

Frequently Asked Questions

How much is Performers and Entertainers insurance?

We arrange Performers insurance at competitive prices. Our prices start as low as $120.4

What does Performance and Entertainers insurance cover?
Public and Products Liability1:
The Performers Public and Products Liability insurance we arrange covers you for your legal liability property damage and/or bodily injury to a third party which happens during the period of insurance and is caused by an occurrence in connection with your actions or your business activities.3
Breach of Professional Duty covers1:
Claims made against you as a result of a breach of professional duty which arises from an act, error or omission by you during the conduct of your business and that is first made against you during the period of insurance and includes defence costs.
Who is covered by Performers insurance?
Our online product is available to the following categories and includes tuition and workshops:
Actors/Acting, Astrologers Acrobats, Aerial Performers
Baton Twirling, Bingo Callers, Bubble Blowing, Balloon Sculpting, Burlesque Artist
Caricatures, Cartoonists, Characters, Comedians, Comperes, Costumed Characters, Clairvoyant, Clowns
Dancers, DJ’s/Video DJ’s
Escape Artists, 
Face & Body Painters
Hula Hoop, 
Juggling, - Non-Dangerous Goods – balls etc 
Magicians, Marching, Marriage Celebrants, MC’s, Mime, Models, Musicians/Singers
Poets, Promotional Boy/Girl, Public Speakers, Puppetry, Pavement Art, Physical Theatre, Plate Spinning
Race Callers, Roller Skating
Spruikers, Statues, Stilt Walkers, Storytellers, 
Theatre Performers, Trivia Hosts, TV Presenters, Tarot Card Reading, Temporary Tattoos
Unicycling/Trick Cycling, 
If you are in a category not described above please contact our entertainment team, and they can assist with your query.
Can I add optional extras to the Performers insurance policy?

Yes, you can add on the following insurance:

Instrument & Equipment insurance

Worldwide cover for accidental loss or damage and theft of your own equipment, instruments and associated items.

This includes when it is in storage, in transit and even when you’re performing.1

Please call the Entertainment team at Aon on 1800 806 584 to find out more.

Do I need Performance insurance if the venue has insurance?

Yes – although the venue or contractor may have their own Public Liability insurance in place, it generally won’t cover subcontractors or other third parties in the event  an occurrence occurs resulting in a claim. 

This is because their insurance generally covers them for their insured activities under their insured entity name. Subcontractors are not employees, and therefore the venue’s/contractor’s policy will not note the activities of, or automatically extend to subcontractors, or any other third party working for them. 

Also, if a claim occurs at a performance, compensation would likely be sought from several different parties – this could include the venue, the Coordinator/Producer, and anyone else held liable, which could include a subcontractor. That compensation could be paid proportionally by everyone deemed liable, so you would rely on your own Public Liability insurance to help cover the percentage you need to pay.

  1. Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information. 
  2. We will process your certificate of currency request instantly but, depending on your internet speed and email server, it could take a few minutes to get to your inbox.  
  3. Pricing takes into account eligibility/referral/underwriting questions and category of cover selected. Excluding optional extensions. Government charges will differ from state to state and can affect the premium payable.
  4. Cover is not provided in respect of activities in North America.
  5. APRA, Music Victoria, Music ACT & WAM members receive a further discount. 

Performers Liability insurance is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 (Aon) as agent for the insurer, SLE Worldwide Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 15 066 698 575, AFSL 237268, who act on behalf of Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s

 If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG click here or provided upon request.

Find the business insurance thats right for you