Performers and Actors Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance for Performers and Entertainers

Performer Insurance - Why Aon?

Your nearest Aon Insurance brokers:

Servicing the insurance needs of over 13,000 in the Entertainment industry, Aon understand your risks. Designed for performers and entertainers, our cost-competitive Public liability insurance covers you against a variety of risks including injury caused to the public/audience. This insurance is also endorsed for members of key associations including APRA and ACAPTA.

Please note this cover is for individual Performers only. We have alternative insurance covers for Bands and Performing Groups, Music & Singing Teachers and if you're a circus group, troupe, school/organisation, just contact our Entertainment Team and we'll help you with a tailored solution.

Our Improved Insurance:

Keen to always provide a great offering, we've just improved our Performers insurance:

  • 12 months cover, no matter what time of year you buy or renew our insurance.
  • Free, tutoring and workshops cover.
  • Free professional liability as part of the policy.
  • Certificate of Currency within minutes, not days*.
  • Venue hire – cover when you stage a show/rehearsal/workshop with up to a 300 audience.

We help cover all the essentials


Get a quick quote now using the Buy Online facility with no obligation to buy.

Which Performers are covered?

As there are many kinds of performing arts, your needs will be different, so, that’s why we offer 3 categories of cover.

Your occupation not one listed here? Drop us a line and we’ll look to get you covered too!

*As an APRA, WAMA or ACAPTA member, you’ll receive a further discount, bringing the price to just $150
*As an APRA, WAMA or ACAPTA member, you’ll receive a further discount, bringing the price to just $265

Are you a Circus School/Group/Organisation?

Through collaboration with the peak industry body ACAPTA, Aon can safely cover the Public Liability and Professional Liability needs of circus groups and schools. Whether you do acrobatics, aerials or even silks, we have a policy suitable for your needs, plus we also automatically include tuition cover so that you can easily share your expertise to young upcoming performers. For more information, feel free to call our dedicated Entertainment Team on 1800 806 584.

Public liability insurance

This will cover you where claims are made against you by a third party for injury or damage to their property at any premise from which you work.

For instance, when performing in a public place, it’s very important that you have the right level of public liability cover in case a member of the public is injured. We offer cover up to as much as $20 million.

Professional liability

This is included as part of your policy, free of charge. It covers you for any claims made against you that have come specifically as a result of professional advice you’ve given.

Worldwide cover

If you’re travelling and performing abroad, we can cover you worldwide (excluding USA and Canada). Give us a call to talk it through.

Optional add-on: Equipment/Instrument cover

Are you a DJ, musician or individual involved in theatre productions and using performance equipment and instruments? Well, we offer a separate insurance policy for this equipment which insures it from when you leave home, to when you’re performing and even when it’s just being stored. What’s more, this cover protects you worldwide.

What equipment is covered?

• Sound & Lighting    • Audio-visual
• Musical
    • Entertainment

If you’d like to discuss your insurance needs, call us on  1800 613 599  between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Existing customers please call 1800 806 584.
Email Us

*Wait period for a certificate may differ, if you’re purchasing at the end of month. However if your purchase at this time is urgent, simply contact our team on 1800 806 584 so that we can issue your certificate in time for your next performance.

Find the business insurance thats right for you