Liability Insurance for Film & TV Professionals

Prices between
$495 - $537.35*

Call us on

1800 610 559

Why choose Aon?

Your nearest Aon Insurance brokers:

As a member of Australia’s Film & TV Industry you may spend a lot of time interacting with customers or the public, and there is always a risk of someone being injured or something being damaged as part of your work.

Our team of Entertainment experts understand the industry and have developed a Public Liability product to suit your need. It can be bought online in 5 minutes and through our negotiations with insurers, it’s competitively priced. Whether working on a short commercial, music video, corporate video or full length feature movie our policy is designed for you.

Although the chances of a claim are small, they do happen and we believe you’ll be glad to have us on your side to help with the stress and expense, allowing you to continue concentrating on your passion.

Add Equipment Insurance

Your valuable equipment is crucial to performing your job, so it’s important to have it covered should it be accidently damaged. When you purchase your Public Liability you can also add between $5,000 and $20,000 cover for equipment at the click of a button and pay for everything in one transaction.

What if I need more cover?

We help cover all the essentials

Why do I need Public Liability?

Public Liability insurance is key to our Film & TV Professionals insurance policy. It’s designed specifically for professionals who interact with customers or members of the public. It protects against claims of personal injury or property damage that a third party suffers (or claims to have suffered) as a result of your business activities.

In real terms, this means that if someone is injured or their property is damaged while you’re providing a service, they may take legal action against you to recover their losses. Public liability insurance is designed to help protect your business by ensuring that if this happens, you don’t have to pay any legal or court costs. It covers incidents that occur in your workplace, as well as incidents at other locations.

Public liability insurance only covers claims made by external parties, not those made by your own employees.

What’s covered under my Public Liability insurance?

With Public Liability you’ll be covered for claims that arise due to your negligence in relation to property damage or personal injury to a third party. As part of this cover, you’ll receive:

$20,000,000 Public Liability
$20,000,000 Products Liability
$250,000 Goods in care, custody and control

Our Liability Cover is automatically worldwide excluding USA and Canada. If cover is required in the US/Canada, please call our team on 1800 806 584 for alternatives.

What Equipment is covered and what if it’s valued over $20k?

Film & TV Equipment cover includes: cameras, lenses, tripods, camera equipment, and associated film & TV equipment.

Aon covers your Equipment worldwide for accidental damage and theft.

You can buy up to $20k cover for equipment online, but should you need more cover, this can be easily arranged through our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584.

Optional covers:

Should you be interested in any of the below insurance covers, please feel free to give our dedicated Entertainment team a call on 1800 806 584. These cannot be bought online.

Film Producers' Indemnity - Cast Insurance - Reimburses the production company for extra cost incurred in completing principal photography because of death, injury or illness to scheduled artists (usually main cast and director). A medical should be paid for by the production company for each Insured Person and provided to us.

Negative Film , Content Media Insurance - Reimburses the Production Company for extra out-of-pocket expenses incurred in re-shooting only the portion which is unacceptable as a result of damage to negative film, video tape, sound tracks, work prints and tapes. Negative Film loss could be caused by faulty raw stock, faulty camera or lenses, or faulty processing by the lab.

Extra Expense - Reimburses the Production Company for extra expense incurred because of interruption, postponement, or cancellation of a production directly and solely due to loss or damage to property or facilities contracted by the Production Company. Mechanical breakdown can also be included.

Money – Cover for actual physical loss of money during production (i.e. petty cash) from burglary, theft, or fire.

Errors & Omissions - Legal Liability coverage, including defence, against claims re unauthorised use of titles, format, ideas, characters, plots, plagiarism, unfair competition, slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.

Like to talk about your insurance needs? Call us on  1800 613 559  between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Email Us

*Prices vary based on the stamp duty relating to your state/territory.

Find the business insurance thats right for you